My biocube. Need help fast!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Rndy

Aquarium Advice Regular
When I turn on my daylight light I hear a loud humming. Fear of something happening I don't leave them on so I need help fast for the sake of my corals.

It's probably the fan. My cube runs with a hum sometimes too. The cubes are known for their bad fans. lol

But its loud. Is there a way to fix it?

Does it sound like a fan or does it sound like the light is going to flicker off/burn out?

It's not the light I just put in another one

Ballast or fans? Both makes noise and it is difficult sometimes to figure out which it is.

Totally a fan. Open up the plastic cover and unplug them one at a time, one of them has just become loose and is vibrating. You'll have to replace but I think they're like $20. Basically its a computer fan. Sometimes if you turn them both around the noise will stop. One sucks in air and one pushes it out, try flipping them both, I did that for a while a couple of years ago. Unfortunatly the fans are pretty pourly made and you have to replace them from time to time...

Now I had one go 2 months ago and just unplugged it, I haven't had any heat issues without it running so I'm just gonna leave it.

I will look into it. Huh. Thank you everyone!

Mine do it all the time, if I let it run for about 5 minutes it'll normally go away. If it doesn't then I give it a good smack and it stops lol.
Like everyone else has said it's just a fan, they're not hard to replace.

Back
Top Bottom