Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 09-29-2004, 02:56 AM   #1
Aquarium Advice Activist

my bottom feeders????

i'm a three month old newbie which has a 50 g tank. i have a serpent star which has stayed in the same corner for 6 weeks and does nothing it seems other than adds decor to the tank......and i have a pink spotted goby which is a workhorse when it comes to eating food which drifts to the bottom.

my question is would it be ok to add another goby to my tank? how do they get along? I'm looking to buy a yellow watchmen goby ....TIA

1 regal tang
1 pink spotted goby
40 pds lr
cleaners: 2 cleaner schrimp, 7 blue hermitts
7 scarlett hermitts,2 american star snails
1 brittle serpent star,
20-25 snails
8965 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2004, 09:25 AM   #2
AA Team Emeritus

Gonna get a pistol shrimp for your watchman? I do not know about the pink spotted and the watchman together in a 50g, so I can't offer anything there, but doesn't the pink spotted get to 5 inches and move a lot of sand around? If so, I'm wondering if it'll upset the watchman's existence.

If you're not gonna do a shrimp for the watchman, why not try other gobies that won't compete for bottom space in a smaller tank? A pair of neon blues? Or is it more bottom feeders you're looking for?

"Life may not be the party we hoped for but while we are here we might as well dance!"

austinsdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2004, 08:50 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice Addict

IMO they will fight... My YWG was a mean SOB and killed my 4 yellow headed jaw fish and was starting to go after my clown goby. I had them in my 20 gal fuge. I tried to catch the SOB but he would take off any time I was near the tank. he would hide in the caluerpa and LR rubble. I rearranged the fuge one day looking for him and have not seen him in 3 months now? I think I buried him under the LR.

TANK PICS http://www.aquariumadvice.com/viewtopic.php?t=98202
seaham358 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2004, 08:15 AM   #4
AA Team Emeritus

Ya never know about which fish'll be the bad seed. My YWG is fine with everyone in my tank unless they try to come down his hole. Other than that they all do well together. Mine's not mean at all.

"Life may not be the party we hoped for but while we are here we might as well dance!"

austinsdad is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bottom, bottom feeder, feeders

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com