My BTA split into two! (pic)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

vertex

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hi my BTA split into two a couple of days ago! Sweet!! They are both doing OK but are moving around SO much I have to really watch they don't get into the power heads.

Anyway, I'm wondering if I should try to feed them at all or just let them heal? how long will it take them to heal and close up the tear around their mouth?

here is a picture of them just after they tore apart!

img5285large7de.jpg

How confused is your clown? Does he prefer one to the other or does he like them equally? Congrats on the split. Good luck keeping them out of the PH. Do you have the PHs covered?

Hey guys, no unfortunately, I don't have any pics of them during the split. It was only a few hours I was gone, came home and there were two!!!

My wife saw it without knowing what was going on and I guess they were just kind of inside out until they actually split completely.

Anyway, when they first split (like the picture shows) the clown was constantly going between them both but now the upper one has moved farther away and so the clown has stayed with the one that is closest to the original location. He is bringing food back to it as well still so taht is good. Unfortunately, I've seen him yank food out of the other aneneme's bubble tips and brought them back to his host.

I don't have any covers on the power heads right now but that's a good idea. I hope they settle in locations farther apart so the clown doesn't steal the new one's food. It never used to move araound so I wasn't worried about the power heads. I have enough clearance since my rockwork doesn't totally fill all the spaces, so i think the power heads will be fine...

Thanks for the comments, see ya...

Congrats!
No need to feed them after the splits. Wait around a week for the mouths to form back.

Back
Top Bottom