Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
Old 04-19-2005, 09:56 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Activist
Send a message via AIM to reefmaster
My clown fish wont go into my carpet anenome

Hey, i bought a gold stripe maroon clown fish (which has been in there for about 2 days) and it wont go into my green carpet anenome. I was wondering why it wasnt hosting it. My LFS said that it would work.

Also, my green chromie seems to be nipping at one of his fins on his belly. its kinda torn up, i dont kno if its from him or LFS, but i put him (green chromie) in my Hospital tank for a day and put him back in, and he kinda checks him out and ive only seen him nip 1nce. any suggestions? thanks

reefmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2005, 10:01 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice Addict
It may take a littel while for the fish to host, if it ever will. Some clowns don't even know what an anemone is so they don't know what to do with it. I'd put the cromi back in the hospital tank for a few more days and then re introduce him into the display. Give him time to cool his hells for a while ,

Also as a final note, don't always take what your lfs says as gospel, some of them are onyl out to take your money. 8O

Vote for AquariumAdvice
dralarms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2005, 10:19 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice Freak
yup let the clown go to it over time. i have toadstools and the clown is now boucing in and out of them after the toadstools being in the tank for a month or so. its pretty cool that they will still go their even though its not a anemone
flame82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2005, 12:51 AM   #4
Aquarium Advice Freak
Send a message via AIM to AR15 guy
Kind of sucks that the tank raised clowns may have hundreds of years of evolution bred out of them rather quickly. But they do well in captivity. Which is a good trade off I suppose.
38 gal SW, CC, 40lbs base rock, 5lbs live, emporer 280, bio-wheel 330,tronic heater, 2 O. clowns, 1 firefish.

29 gal FW, boring...soon to be salt I think.

10 gal SW, 20lbs LS, 20lbs base rock, 1 unhappy domino damsel (he was in the 38...switched the percs and the damesel recently).
AR15 guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2005, 01:44 AM   #5
Aquarium Advice FINatic
That's quite coincidental...I just added a gold striped maroon to my tank and I'm hoping he'll move into my green carpet anemone. So far, 1 week and he shows no interest whatsoever.

Years ago, I had a maroon and some sort of anemone. It took the maroon 2 years before he moved in.
40 Gal Hex, 10 Gal Sump, CPR overflow with Mag 7 return, Maxxima 35 RO/DI, 10K MH pendant, 2 x 15W actinic, 1 yellow tail damsel, 1 high fin goby, 40lbs LR.com rock, 1 red head goby, 1 algae blenny, Leather, blastomussa, sun, and hammer corals, green polyps, carpet anemone, 2 sexy shrimp...and more LR critters than you could imagine in your worst nightmares.... Mantis in 5 gal
Brad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2005, 08:39 AM   #6
Aquarium Advice FINatic
maroons don't like carpets. one was hosting a PH at my LFS while their was a carpet in the tank. I had a maroon leave a RBTA and mve into a yellow toadstool leather.
Jason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2005, 06:12 PM   #7
Aquarium Advice FINatic
Clowns will choose whatever host it wants and when it wants. But I have seen a maroon pair be hosted by a capert at LFS

Paintballs look like bubble gum
14G starphire,150W MH+32W act03,AquaClear 150 HOB filter, 75W EboJager, IceProbe chiller, Remora skimmer, closed loop SCWD mag5, auto toper-offer.
klam is offline   Reply With Quote

anenome, carpet, carpet anenome, clown, clown fish

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com