my Clown is confused with Anemones

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

evenings

Aquarium Advice Activist
I changed the lay out of tha rocks in my tank moving them agains the back of the tank instead of the middle, I know it might have caused the fish and the inverts some stress but it will be the last time i stick my hand in my tank for reaaranging reasons...

Now my question is, my condy anemones moved too close to my gold-striped maroon clown's host anemone (long tentacle anemone) now it is switching between the two types, is this normal?

I just thought it's odd because I know for sure that the most picky of anemone's are the maroon clown, should I be happy that it is now cuddling with the condy?

Could my long tentacle be dead? It looks inflated and all but it hasnt moved since i put it in the tank 4 days ago.

Please help.. TIA

evenings said:
Now my question is, my condy anemones moved too close to my gold-striped maroon clown's host anemone (long tentacle anemone) now it is switching between the two types, is this normal?
More normal than you'd think. When I had my condy was in the same tank as the yellow ritteri many many years ago I also had an Ocellaris that would go back and forth all day. In my 27 I have a wee green ritteri and a sebae that the two clowns also hop back and forth between quite regularly. The proximity of the two anmeones to each other does make a large difference though.

Could my long tentacle be dead? It looks inflated and all but it hasnt moved since i put it in the tank 4 days ago.
Not moving is actually a good thing :wink:
Anemone's will not always attack each other and quite often will live quite close to another species without conflict. As long as each has enough "expansion" room, it should be all good. Keep running carbon just to be safe though.

Cheers
Steve

just who i hoped would answer my questions... sounds copacetic to me.

I was just worried because i've read that condy anemones are not usual hosts for clownfishes and that they don't have that kind of relationship with the clowns.. although clowns have that immunity towards certain anemone's I don't want the condy's to eat my clown and the long tentacle anemone... I'm willing to give up the condy's only if it would mean the safety of my long tentacle and my clown fish...

But they way you put it steve cannot be any better... Thanke for being there to the rescue...

by the way, I like that part of your advice where it said "many many years ago"... It made me chuckle.. that goes to show how many many years of experience u have.

It actually has very little to to with the anemone but moreso the clown ability to acclimate itself to the host. While condylactis would not be a clowns natural host, it is more than possible. Personally I wouldn't sweat it.

Cheers
Steve

Back
Top Bottom