Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
Old 07-25-2003, 01:03 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Addict
My Colt Is Missing!!! :evil:

Ok, long story short. I had a Colt (2 piece) frag that didnt look too good, so i moved into higher water flow and i came off the rock it was attached to. I saw it in a crevice in a large rock and decided to leave it there for day or two till i had mor time to try and re-mount it. I looked into the tank yesterday for it, and it was gone! WTF? Where did it go? It was way to big to fit through the slits in my overflow, or the PW. Do you think i have a critter in there eating my frags? I now noticee that i only have one yellow polyp left on the rock that had 4 a few days ago. What would eat my frags? How do i get him out of the tank?

I'm thinking of dipping my LR in FW for a few minutes to see if anything comes running out. Will that kill my rock?

stresco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2003, 05:42 PM   #2
Most likley the colt "shrunk" more as many do and went further down into the crevace that may go farther than you are able to see.

I've lost a few pieces that way only to find them later somewhere else. As long as they do not necros, you'd be suprised how long they last.

It you can remove the rock without much disturbance to the tank or have any corals attached to that particular rock, you should be able to check it out. Same goes if you dip the rock, although I doubt you will find any suspects.

Do you have a brittle star?

Old 07-27-2003, 01:03 AM   #3
Aquarium Advice Addict
I found half of the colt that was missing today. I have attached it to a rock with a rubber band. I hope this works
Bill The Cat For President!
stresco is offline   Reply With Quote

colt, missing

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com