My condy??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jacob Morgan

Aquarium Advice Freak
I added it 2 days ago and it took food the next morning.. i then left for the entire day and didn't get jhome till 1 (homecoming) and i checked on it.. looked great.. but i have notcied every morning (sooin after the lights come on) its shrinkin its tentacls up then straighting them out.. kind of freaky looking.. I am guess this is how they cleanse them selfs? or no? ne suggestions?

Jacob

psst bett is ures doing this too?

Jacob Morgan said:
I added it 2 days ago and it took food the next morning.. i then left for the entire day and didn't get jhome till 1 (homecoming) and i checked on it.. looked great.. but i have notcied every morning (sooin after the lights come on) its shrinkin its tentacls up then straighting them out.. kind of freaky looking.. I am guess this is how they cleanse them selfs? or no? ne suggestions?
Jacob
psst bett is ures doing this too?

Yes Jacob...
I am like you, I just love this thing. It is so fascinating. I put some frozen brine shrimp in the tank yesterday and as the shrimp would float into the Condy's tentacles, they would curl in on the shrimp and eat (I assume). :D

I feed mine whole shrimp.. he seems to like it..

but this is not when i feed them yea whne i fed it it brought it to its mouth but this is soon after i turn the lights on.. but I guess its normal..

Jacob

Jacob Morgan said:
I feed mine whole shrimp.. he seems to like it..
but this is not when i feed them yea whne i fed it it brought it to its mouth but this is soon after i turn the lights on.. but I guess its normal.
Jacob

Jacob, I don't follow when you say "whole" shrimp. Are they frozen, dried, fresh, what?

Frozen, I buy them from a grocer.. basically lil whole shrimp uncooked adn frozen...

Jacob

The brine will do very little for the anemone, they will prfer fish and shrimp, etc...large meaty foods. Make sure you feed the entire animal, head and gut portions as well :wink: Anemones open and close on there own schedule, it is common and nothing to worry about...

by open and close you mean bring its tentacles in to it self like sucking them into itself then out? its quite strange and gives me the impression of a bad thing!!!! Its eating and is all opened up so I am assuming its normal.

Jacob

Can anyone post or tell me where I can see a shot of the Condy. I have seen the info. just no pics. Thanks

EMS503

Back
Top Bottom