My Condy Anemone was stuck to my Powerhead!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

lbannie

Aquarium Advice FINatic
This morning I woke up and my condy anemone was stuck to my powerhead! I turned it off instantly and luckily there is a ton of chaeto algae stuck to it (bad idea to put that in the tank) I got him off of it, but it looks like some of his tentacles are deflated and maybe cut? It's kind of hard to tell. The rest of him seems to be ok. Do you think he'll make it? Not sure why he's been moving closer to the powerhead lately?

They do the weirdest things. I would monitor him closely, if your water parameters are in check, it should make a recovery.

He should be OK unless the foot gets torn. If that happens there is not much hope.

True be very careful about scraping him off things, mine tend to crawl onto the power heads as well and I just leave it off till they have vacated the area.
What kind of lighting do you have?

Just his tentacles were in the powerhead, he lost some of them, I can see the purple tips on the sand :( I have t5ho lighting 2 actinics and 2 white, and it's a 30 gal tank....each bulb is 39 watts.
The condy seems to be ok, the rest of his tentacles are out....

Back
Top Bottom