my damsels ahhhh

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kloppy

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
alright i got 2 damsels in there so far and they have been in for about a week.....at first they were ok and didnt mind me watching them but now one of them dug all the rocks from under one of my LR and it goes under whenever anyone goes near the tank what is causing this?? is it scared or is it hiding something under there? like even if i move an inch and it sees me it will swim as fast as it can under the rock....

try to hang around the tank for longer times, the reason some fish become nervouse is that there is not enough traffic to acclimate to humans. My clowns have become so acclimated that when they see me come into the room, they instantly take to the surface for finding flakes.

Again, Just try to hang around the tank a lot like working, watching the tank, reading, etc.

P-MAN

Yup, my clowns do the same. In fact when I walk into the room, they come to the front and then top. Give them time and let them see you a lot. Because you are their "food source", they will get used to you.

same here but with my two triggers. Got 3 days ago, and alreay head to front of tank when I come by. Frienly little fish. They seem to like my 1 year ols fingers on the tank glass. They immediately go to them and just follow. Wonder if they think they are little worms to eat. HEHEHE

Hey if he gets in trouble that could be punishment. HEHEHE just kidding

Fish will take time to get familiar with you. Then one day you will be sitting on the couch or a chair watching them and will come up to the glass and beg. My fish come to the corner of the tank as soon as I get home. At first it was just my trigger then all my fish look for my entrance.

The damsels digging in is natural, remember they are fierce little creatures but still at the bottom of the food chain when it comes to most saltwater fish.

They don't know they are the only ones in the tank, just looking for security/home.

In the past few weeks they have been netted and shipped around more than a few times. This could be the first time in weeks they are near lr.

Back
Top Bottom