My eventual stock list...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

h8z2luze

Aquarium Advice Addict
Ok well I have a 58G tank... Let me know if this is a good or bad list...

blue/green Chromis (maybe 3?)
blennies?
Gobies?
Firefish

not sure what else...

I will be adding corals and what not down the line...

Also are the FW spotted puffers able to go into a reef? I hear they can be put into SW but are they reef safe? Id love to have some.

According to LA most puffers if not all are not reef safe. You might want to think of a clown fish for your tank.

Yes. They are very active, and most of all, are very hardy fish. They are small fish, easy to take care of since they are aggressive eaters, and just plain old look nice. They're really fun to watch too. Specially when you have more than one, they like to bicker with eachother.

Yea they are cute fish that is for sure I had two many many moons ago and loved them! Not sure if they can go in salt tho??

We are talkin about the clownfish :)

I had one before and it was a cool fish so I will probably end up with one or two again.

They are like little puppies as they follow your hand around the tank as you clean up or just feed them. A fun fish to have.

Ok well I have a 58G tank... Let me know if this is a good or bad list...

blue/green Chromis (maybe 3?)
blennies?
Gobies?
Firefish

Those are all good choices, but don't be surprised if the 3-chromis turns into 1 or none. I agree with everybody else that clowns are a must have reef tank fish. Also, I would suggest a Royal Gramma for your tank, see the link below. Look into Cardinal fish too.
http://www.liveaquaria.com/product/prod_display.cfm?c=15+21+53&pcatid=53

Why will the chromis dissappear? I had pajama cardinals before and they were pretty cool.

Why will the chromis dissappear? I had pajama cardinals before and they were pretty cool.
Although, they alre labeled to be easy hardy fish they typically die off one by one. This is not always the case but it does happen more often than not. I hear the big ones are much hardier though.

Yeah, but you can get the pajamas if you want schooling fish. Chromis tend to shoal instead of school in tanks under 100G. So i wouldn't expect anything to spectacular. But the pajamas.. those are the ones that are neck to neck in any tank. They do well in groups of 3 or more. But i would stay to the odd numbers.

Dono know I had them a few years ago I think they were some kinda FW puffer fish they were yellow with black spots and tiny little fins with a beak? Ill try to find some pics!

Edit...

P38130.jpg

Yep thats the one for sure! Sorry off topic I guess lol deff not a clown fish!

Cool so I think so far my list consists of...

1 clown
3 Pajama Cardinals
Firefish

Still open to the rest.. How much more do I have haha...

Back
Top Bottom