My first anemone.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I just purchased my first Rbta from a local guy. It splitted off his 8 inch and gave me this good sized 3 inch for $30. The picture was taken with my iPod so the quality's terrible. Way darker red in person.

image-845420192.jpg

image-4106358055.jpg

Looks real nice!! I wish i could locate a few fellow reefers around southern ontario

Good deal on the red one. They are about $60+ here. Thanks for all the help everyone by the way. I was hoping my ocellaris clown would host it and that it would bubble too. I love the way they look bubbled.

I think my bta might have found its spot. Its in a deep crevasse. Its in high light and high flow though. As u can tell by the last pic posted its right in a poweheads path. Looks good and healthy though.

My nem shrunk alot lastnight! I have no idea why! It doesnt loom shriveled just small?

Mine has done it every night since I've got it. Its about 6" around expanded and like 1"-2" around when it shrinks. I'm pretty sure its normal.

Okay phewww lol! Im about to feed him a peice of frozen shrimp, i checked the ingredients, and it says they contain tripolyphosphate :s wonder if its safe? Ive fed them to my fw preds for years..

What kind of light set ups do you guys have under your nems? I have a 4 bulb t5. So far it's doing the job.

I run a 6 bulb t5 and my nem has already shown signs of growth in just 2 days

120 Watt leds on mine and its looking better. It was under t5 ho when I bought it.

Nice! A lot of people say 4 bulbs aren't enough. I'm hoping it will be. My nems like 7 inches from the surface

Yeah id say your going to need to get rid of the nem or upgrade the light

Hmm..idk. I kept a bubble tip anemone healthy for a year under my setup. Hopefully all is well in the future.

Has anyone seen this before. I was feeding my nem and out of no were a bristle worm snatched the peace of shrimp right from its mouth!

Hmm..idk. I kept a bubble tip anemone healthy for a year under my setup. Hopefully all is well in the future.

Nems can life a year or more under poor lighting, they just slowly go down hill till they hit a point, they may live forever in their natural environment, no one knows how long they live, at 5 years you can assume your conditions are right.

Never seen a bristle worm snatch it but my cleaner shrimp will snatch food from anything! Its hard to feed my brain coral. I gotta keep the shrimp preoccupied.lol

Back
Top Bottom