My first anemone.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

paul87

Aquarium Advice Addict
Picked up a green bubble tip anemone the other day. I put in the shade in the rockwork so the t5 to led transition wouldn't burn it. Don't really know a lot about them but I was kinda hoping my ocellaris clown would host it. If not that's fine too. Its a nice specimen and is responding very well to feedings. Does anyone know how long it will take to move out into the light? Here's some pics of it today.

ForumRunner_20130211_180728.jpg

ForumRunner_20130211_180803.jpg

You should always do your research before purchasing anything. Nems need a stable tank with pristine water conditions and high end LEDS (3 watt crees), 4 strip T5's or my preference MH. They will move where they want in relation to lighting, flow and water conditions. Good luck with it.

I did and I always do. I have 3w leds. The Guy at the lfs said at least 1 Watt less and they will be fine. They kept them all under t5. I do have a t5 ho fixture I could add to the tank but these leds are pretty bright. Just was hoping to learn something that I didn't know about them and to share my new inhabitant. Water parameters have been great on the tank for a while now.

I have recently added a BTA and it did exsactly the same thing. They can stay hiden away for weeks.

I carefully moved the rock it was attached to so it was facing towards me rather than away and down the back where i couldn't monitor it. It move slightly to a lower flow area with slightly less light and is doing great. 2 weeks in!

Just to add you should never move an anemone unless absolutely necesary. This is why i moved the rock rather than distubing its foot. Tear its foot it could die.

Yea I wouldn't try to remove it from the rock it was attached too. It looks kind wimpy now for some reason. I'm about to feed the tank though. I hope it does well.

Its moved around a bit. Actually starting to come into the light. Ill get a better pic of it

I just got a gbta three days ago. Came in the mail risky move but came very healthy the first day it moved all over the place from rocks to sand bed even scaling the glass. But finely found a good spot in some low flow lower in the tank. He still moves around but stays within the area. After he found the spot he liked he bubbled out.

image-3543454987.jpg

Mine is finally coming out into the open light. Its be expanded Ans looking great the past couple days and today.

ForumRunner_20130217_160405.jpg

ForumRunner_20130217_160608.jpg

120w led xen-lux fixture. 29:21, blue:white ratio. Its a fairly new addition that I've been happy with so far.

Its coming out into the open for sure. Had to move a zoa rock so it wouldn't smother them.

ForumRunner_20130217_165209.jpg

ForumRunner_20130217_165336.jpg

Yea I was hoping for it to find it's spot and hang there. Just about all my corals are moveable.

What I have going on is I'm directing all my high flow around the tank but in one area so he stayed in a general area. Seemed to be working so far!

My powerheads turn off when the other turns on. Flow changes every 15 mins. I have the hydor wave controller controling my. 1050 and 750 powerheads on either side of the tank. There are plenty of low flow and high flow areas.

How is the hydor controller I'm using a jbj two way on my mini turning on and off ever 20sec

Is really good for the price. It would work great for 4 powerheads. I gave $35 for mine that the only reason I got it. But it is pretty neat.

Would love to get an mp40 for my 55gal but who has that kind of doe!

Back
Top Bottom