My first clownfish hosting - GBTA, yellowstripe maroons

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

scottayy

Aquarium Advice Addict
img_1891319_0_be2429831873123baace96bc6672eac7.jpg

It is so cool to watch. :D

I finally moved them from quarantine into the main tank. They found the anemone within 20 minutes.

They never fought in the quarantine tank but seem to be fighting now. Could they be fighting for possession of the anemone and I should get another one?

No need to get another one they are just deciding who is in charge they will sort it out

They've already decided who's in charge. The one who's stripes are not yellow yet is being dominated by the yellow striped one. When the yellow one goes to nip he will quiver/shiver/vibrate.. you know the 'i give up' dance.

I want them both in the anemone though.. guess I'll have to wait to see how it plays out!

It's so fun to watch.

The female may never let the male in a anemone. I have seen it both ways my clowns host a hairy mushroom my male has recently decided to pick out his own shroom she still comes over and runs him out of his own home lol

I wish my clowns would host my nem!!!!! I might try to put it in a container with the clowns and hang in the the tank once he gets healthy again

Thank you! Now they don't swim around though, lol... always in there. The nem appears stressed.. he's walking around now. He had been in the same place for a couple of months.

Back
Top Bottom