My First Nem, A Rose Bubble Tip

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
All the anemones I have ever kept, and I've kept many, short term at least, took food readily if they were healthy. Small, even tiny pieces are what I would recommend, and just a couple times a week. Depending on the size of the anemone, of course. I recently had a 14" diameter carpet and I fed that a piece of fish about the size of a half of a silverside.

Yep, I agree with most of the posts above me. Its not actually necessary to feed them but if you do make sure its a tiny piece. The larger the piece the more stress it goes through digesting it.

I was shooting a small stream of frozen mysis and brine to mine and it really seemed to like it. But for the last few months I havent and believe it or not it is now bubbling and looks really good. It hadnt bubbled for the first 6 months I had it, not sure if it had to do with stopping the direct feeding but thats how it worked out for me.

Just tested the water and topped off the tank. Nem still looking great.
Test results
Ammonia 0
Nitrite 0
Nitrate 5
Phosphates .10 or less
Ph 8.2
je4y2u7u.jpg

My nem had to move to a new tank. I thought I had bought 2 peppermint shrimp come to find out they were camels and were agrivating the nem to the point that it completly pulled its self in and hiding.
I acclimated it to my 60 gallon last night it didnt come out till after lights out. When I got up thismorning the nim was out and has a new friend. My Tomato Clown started hosting it.

My nem has been very happy sense I moved it to my 60 gal tank. The tomato clown sleeps in it and the nem dont seem to mind. That crazy clown wont let anything except the lawnmower blenny get close. It even knocks the hermit crabs off of the rock that the nem is on. I feel certain nothing is gonna bother the nem now lol unless the clown drives it into hiding again because it is always in it.

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1388872436.265318.jpg

I feed mine once a week about a 1/4 to 1/2 a silverside or krill. The picture is deceiving that is a large ocellaris and the anemone fully expanded is about 10+ inches in diameter. I am running t5s x 4 and two blue led strips at about 30 or so watts for the LEDs

Amonk beautiful pic. I love watching my clown and nem. I dont have to feed the nem the clown does it. What ever I feed the tank the nem gets some the clown sees to that. He feeds the nem before he eats himself. Flakes, seaweed, bloodworms, kreel. I feed dried seaweed daily flakes daily and meaty things about 2 times a week sometimes 3.
My clown is only about 2 1/2-3 inches the nem is about 6-7 inches fully open.

Amonk beautiful pic. I love watching my clown and nem. I dont have to feed the nem the clown does it. What ever I feed the tank the nem gets some the clown sees to that. He feeds the nem before he eats himself. Flakes, seaweed, bloodworms, kreel. I feed dried seaweed daily flakes daily and meaty things about 2 times a week sometimes 3.
My clown is only about 2 1/2-3 inches the nem is about 6-7 inches fully open.

Thanks Nimo. I actually got to capture pretty good video of my clown courting my nem. It was cool to watch. I feed mine just because it seems to stay put and stay bubbled a lot more when I do. I have never noticed my clown feed it directly but she does put her face right in there a lot :). My nem does capture some Mysis when I feed but not much since the other fish gobble it up right away. I am only running 4 54watt t5's and apparently it is enough ligh in my 75g for her to like the bottom of the tank. She also seems to like med to low flow. Mind of her own I guess. And proof not all Ns act similar. I am looking forward to some more pics of your nem so keep them coming. My clown is a little over 3 inches long body alone huge girl :) here is a couple more pics enjoy :)

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1388968822.809899.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1388968838.457367.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1388968856.341532.jpg

Cheers!

Back
Top Bottom