My first reef tank.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
They mAy have benefieted from the slight change, its just lile when the clouds roll in and the tide stops, could have like the little difference in water params but i dont see that being true lol. Its a closed system so the longer anything closed sits stagnant it becomes fowled over time

I love the flourescent green trumpet. plan to have some of my own someday too. Do you have 2 nems in that tank?

Yeah I love them too. I wish they would grow, I could start feeding them I guess. I don't have any nems in my tank. I want to add one but I don't think my lighting is good enough.

Since my power outage I have only cleaned my glass once and have had almost no algae growth, I'm not sure if they are related or not but whatever it is works for me. It could be that my chaeto has started working.

I have seen a couple of what i think are digitate hydroids in my tank (the little thread looking hydroid). Are these anything to be concerned with or will they die off as my tank matures?

I had my circulation pump fall in my sandbed lastnight eric!!! Caused a mini spike:( i managed to save EVERYTHING though :)

As for your chaeto, i think it benefieted from the power outage, sitting in very still water for 12 hrs then returning to normal operation and flow, caused it to suck up alot of phosphates maybe? Im glad to hear everything is doing well!

And i have hydroids too, colonials though, and boy oh boy, do they ever sting when u touch them! Ive never heard of hydroids long term :s

Look who is floating. She will be my last addition to my 29 gallon.

image-2770957753.jpg

Well I finished up acclimation and added her to the tank. There doesn't seem to be aggression yet. I am hoping that with the new addition being larger they can just accept that the bigger one is the female and avoid the battle for dominance, but I doubt it.

image-2625676908.jpg

She seemed to get along with her new tank mates right off the bat.

Yeah, he isn't jet black like some I have seen. He is interesting, I don't know if he will darken with age but I'm ok with it either way. I am assuming it is a he still anyway. When I bought my orange guy I was hoping he would host my hammer but I have heard that they can upset the hammer a bit so I am glad he didn't, it would be pretty cool though. I kinda want a nem for them but I don't want it to sting my corals, and my lighting is no where near bright enough.

Yeah he's nice, I've got one black and two nemos ocellaris, my friend gave me a nemo. I was scared they were going to fight, but they so far are all happy. 3 I'm pretty sure it's a good #, probably get another black clown maybe. Was yours a pretty good price?

One of my LFS had 2 that were going for $55 but they seemed to be pretty fond of each other and I couldn't live with myself if I split them up, they also were partly orange. I got this from my other LFS for $60. It was pretty pricy but my wife wanted him so it didn't even come from my fish budget so I can't complain.

Lol yeah he looks like one of those fancy ones, my LFS sells the blk clowns for $40. I'm going to pick up a pink tipped frogspawn tomorrow. I hope they don't bug it to much. I see a lot of them in tanks that do good hosting clowns. Here's one for you, my friend bought a Craig's list tank $300 50gal loaded clowns anemone two massive frogspawn. This is what kills me the one frogspawn is a multicolored one thats like $14.99 a head, ah it has 37 heads. I about fell over since it still had other grown out corals. Lucky

Black clowns from $40 and $60 sounds way overpriced. I'm in the wrong business...

Attachments

• image-2636499709.jpg
    image-2636499709.jpg
    228.7 KB · Views: 125
I believe that is a different species, there are also black Percs that were about $40 at that same LFS. There can be a huge variation in price in similar fish species similar to how a blue head fairy wrasse is $30 and the labout's fairy wrasse is $150 on live aquaria.

Yeah mine range from about $50 to $60 depending on size and availability.

These two seem to be liking each other. My little orange guy seems to want to be best friends but the black one is just doing her own thing. I got a better picture of the two today.

image-3576283056.jpg

I got my black ocellaris for 20 bucks. Could have got a mated pair for 50 lfs sells clowns cheap. Wild clowns are cheaper then his tank raised clowns anything else is relatively good priced, he only uses 5 and 10s so no 32.55 reciept lol

Well I might have to get rid of my cute little occelaris. The one my friend gave me is pretty much starting to pair up with my black occelaris. I picked up a pink tip frogspawn 1 head for $19.99, then I was kinda joking with my friend if he had anything for $6, crap he got me a Miami hurricane chalice with 4 eyes on in. Dang that made my day. I think I will ask him if he wants my extra occelaris. Gotta love trading lol

Back
Top Bottom