Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
Old 02-01-2005, 10:43 AM   #1
Aquarium Advice Regular
My first web site

Hey ya'll! Everyone come check out my first attempt to make a web site. It's dedicated to my six gallon and 55 gallon reef tanks. The site is:

There's not much but some pictures, but stop by to see my tanks.

sdaccord03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2005, 10:45 AM   #2
AA Team Emeritus

Looking good!

"Life may not be the party we hoped for but while we are here we might as well dance!"

austinsdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2005, 10:47 AM   #3
Aquarium Advice Addict
Looks great though your link to the 55 is almost impossible to see. Blue on blue. Good job!
Fluff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2005, 11:54 PM   #4
Aquarium Advice Activist
What equipment specifically do you have for the 6gal? Because what you have done, is exactly what I want to do!
I have the eclipse already.. What other equipment did you use to support the water temp, purity, etc? Water changes aren't a problem, I like the 1 gal per week idea.
At what point did you decide to get an anemone? What special type of care does it need?
How can a 6 gal support the fish and the hermits and the snails? I was thinking I could only have 1 or 2 peppermint shrimp and 1 dwarf type gobie!
Oh master, let me sit at your knee and learn! teehee
Just trying to not kill my fish!
Deitta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2005, 02:04 PM   #5
Aquarium Advice Regular
Well, the biggest obstacle in converting the Eclipse was lighting. I don't believe that you can find a retro-fit kit that will fit the Eclipse Six. What I did was to buy a standard (as in the type that a normal 60W bulb fits in) double-fixture and I used two-part epoxy to glue it into the hood. Then I bought two 10W Coralife 50/50 bulbs. This gave me just enough light to keep some inverts. Email me if you would like and I will send you some pics of the lighting system.

For heating, I use one 50W heater. For filtration, I have about 10-11 lbs of LR and about 15 lbs of LS. I removed the bio-wheel because I had heard it would be a "nitrate factory." I tested my nitrates yesterday and they were between 2.5 and 5.0.

As far as my fish load, I began with some damsels, a few of them died but once the tank was cycled, I had no more trouble. The tank has never had algae problems interestingly enough (probably because I use bottled water). The tank may be slightly overstocked but the animals seem fine.

Any other questions, or if I think of anything else, I'll add it to this post. Good luck with your tank. Nano-reefs are so much fun!

Jim Willows
55G Reef Tank
80 lbs. LR
40 lbs. LS
1 Pink Tree Coral
1 Copperband Butterfly
1 Yellow Tang
1 Mandarin Goby
3 Peppermint Shrimp
20 Red-Legged Hermit Crabs
30 assorted Snails

6G Nano-Reef Tank (Eclipse Six)
10 lbs. LR
15 lbs. LS
1 Sebae Anemone
Several Purple Mushrooms
1 Bright Green Brain Coral
1 Sebae Clownfish
1 Yellow-tailed Damsel
1 Domino Damsel
6 Red-Legged Hermit Crabs
8 assorted Snails
sdaccord03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2005, 11:01 PM   #6
Aquarium Advice Activist
Not worried about the inverts yet... But will let you know when I am ready so you could send me the photos of what you did for the lighting. No, actually please send to my email I never know when a DIY bug will bite and it always better to have a list of honey-dos and the parts on hand already! Can pick up the heater and LS with no problems. LR, probably will order out for... local sources don't have much life or color. Pretty sad looking really.
But no other equipment? Is the water flow enough to feed the LR? I have been reading about how important the flow is to bring the food to feed the inverts.
Just trying to not kill my fish!
Deitta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2005, 11:05 AM   #7
It's not wise to post your e-mail in the public forum, it's a very easy way for web bots to pick it up and you'll get a mess load of spam. Use the PM function or turn on your e-mail capabilities in your personal preferences.

Old 03-03-2005, 02:04 PM   #8
Aquarium Advice Addict
Send a message via MSN to RocketSeason
looks great! Much better than my first attempt at a website...and I do this for a living!

Hardware: 37 gallon SW tank and stand by Oceanic Systems, Magnum 350 Pro Canister Filter (half carbon), CPR Bak Pak 2R skimmer, Maxijet 1200 Powerhead, RenaCal 150 W heater, Compact fluorescent lights with moonlights. 40 lbs of liverock, 3" sand bed.

Software:2 Tank-Raised Ocellaris Clowns, 1 Purple Firefish, 1 Electric Orange hermit crab, 18 Blue Legged hermit crabs, 8 or so Nassarius snails, Xenia, Blue, green, and Green Striped Mushrooms.

Click here to vote for AquariumAdvice.com: The friendliest, fishiest place on the net!

Central Illinois Marane Aquarist (CIMA) member.
RocketSeason is offline   Reply With Quote

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com