Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today
View Poll Results: Do your fish eat cyclop-eeze?
Yes, they go ballistic for it 2 50.00%
They eat it, but no better or worse than other foods 1 25.00%
My fish ignore it 1 25.00%
Voters: 4. You may not vote on this poll

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 02-10-2004, 09:11 PM   #1
AA Team Emeritus

My fish say no to crack, do yours?

Based on the rave reviews I've seen on cyclop-eeze (I've even seen it called fish crack, hence the thread title), I went out and bought both the freeze dried and the frozen version of cyclop-eeze. I've fed it twice and so far my skimmer likes it and that is about it, there is no noticable reaction from my corals (although I have not target fed it to them) and my fish seem to ignore it, although I think the clown thought about it tonight. So do your fish actually eat this stuff and if so what specied, when I cracked the lid on the freeze dried, my first thought was this is too small for my fish.

Visit Nature Coast Photography
reefrunner69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2004, 10:51 PM   #2
AA Team Emeritus

Send a message via ICQ to fishfreek Send a message via AIM to fishfreek Send a message via MSN to fishfreek Send a message via Yahoo to fishfreek
Interesting. Honestly i have never heard of it.

My plumber says YES to crack for SURE.

Check out our articles area. 30+ Aquatic articles for your enjoyment
Are you in or around the Shenandoah Valley area? If so click here to join our regional forum.
fishfreek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2004, 12:48 AM   #3
steve-s

I used the freeze dried decopod version. I mix it with some mysis and BioMarine. The fish and corals definately go nuts. I use it soley to feed my sharknose goby. My tubastrea opens in seconds. Without adding the cyclop-eeze, the tubastrea will usually take it's sweet time when the food is added without it.

Interesting you mentioned the skimmer. If I add too much, it will easily pull a full gallon out of the tank. 8O

Might try the flake version if you've gotten no response from the straight decopods.

Cheers
Steve
Old 02-11-2004, 11:29 AM   #4
Aquarium Advice Addict

Why wouldnt you turn your skimmer off while feeding it if the skimmer pulls it out?

175gallon reef

5,100 gal pond

Fish are people too!
SquishyFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2004, 11:56 AM   #5
steve-s

Quote:
Originally Posted by SquishyFish
Why wouldnt you turn your skimmer off while feeding it if the skimmer pulls it out?
'Cause the first time I used it I didn't foresee the possible problem. Never the less, as long as I do not add to much, I don't need to fuss with adjusting it

Cheers
Steve
Old 02-11-2004, 01:41 PM   #6
AA Team Emeritus

Based on recent posts here I bought some of the frozen at my lfs last Saturday. I've only fed once. The fish seemed to go nuts (but they do anytime I put food in the tank), but the particles seemed too small for them to find. So I dropped a larger piece that was still frozen and my tang and foxface went after it. I don't think they particularly liked the frozen aspect but it quickly thawed and got pushed around by the currents. I think the skimmer got most of it. No corals yet (just some shrooms and ricordea).
cmor1701d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2004, 09:12 PM   #7
AA Team Emeritus

Last night was only the second time I fed it and it didn't occur to me to shut itoff, I don't shut it off when I feed other foods.

If they are not gonna eat it, I think I would rather the skimmer remove it than have it sit in the sand and rot.

Visit Nature Coast Photography
reefrunner69 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
crack

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com