My fish was fishnapped

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Doan

Aquarium Advice Freak
It's not really what you think I had a nice little hippo in a QT and was getting ready to put him in yesterday, I was back from my trip and doing great..In I walk into my house and I walk past the show tank into the bar where the Qt is and low and behold my hippo tang was now a flame angel..For about 30 seconds I was dumbstruck..So I called my buddy who had been feeding him and checking on him for me.. Well he explained to me that his girlfriend had bought him a FA to "be friends" with the one he had "Chloe". Well as you and I both know 2 flames in a 55 is prolly not gonna work.. Well it was explained to me that the new fish went crazy and was picking chloe appart... Well not having a QT he came to my house and put her in mine not wanting to get rid of the one his GF just gave him... well for whatever reason she started going nuts on the tang that was in there (mind you this is a 10 gallon QT tank) With me so far? Well that was no good so He decided that my tang was in Qt for about 2.5 weeks and doing great he would put it in his show tank... Which apparently worked. Thus leaving me with the situation that I am currently in with a Flame that I put in the big tank.. he had had it for about 6 months and it promptly ate and seems to be doing well hiding in the rockwork.. So now I have this fish that I never see hiding in my rockwork. I lost my hippo.. cause I was talked into just keeping the flame cause he dosent' want it to die in his tank at the jaws of the other one..He gave me some money as well so it is not a total loss but now I have no idea what to do with this fish.. I had done tons of research on the tang and now I have this Flame.. Can you guys help me find some info aobut him... Like will I ever see him or will he always hide?? I am a little miffed at the situation but what are you gonna do our LFS has a pretty strict no return policy.. they will take free fish if they get too big for your tank but I am not giving her up for free and going through the whole QT thing all over agian...I was gonna get one eventually anyway..

Doan

Thanks

Doan

Wow, mabye you might want to set some ground rules next time... :roll:

Here is some info on the <<Flame Angel>>. It will become more visible as it adjusts to the tank. Just be careful to be on the watch for possible problems since it does not sound like it was properly QT'd. Half the battle is getting them to eat, so far so good.

Cheers
Steve

Thanks that helps alot... As for problems I got the old one that he has had for about 6 months now without problems..my buddy on the other hand, No he did no quarintine.. Also there are no other fish in there and won't be for a while... I really think that health is not much of an issue unless I mess it up which is why I came here you guys are great with the help..We are currently running tanks in 2 ways.. me doing research and trying to plan...him he prefers to learn by the trial and error method... He has been going a while with his FO but I have reef asperations as you know and really want this all to work well..

Thanks

Doan

Sounds like....

Sounds like you buddy needs a good old fashioned you know what!!! :lol:

Well like previously stated lay down some ground rules next time. Man that is crazy. Tell him he better respect you more than his girl next time.

It's really not that big a deal I guess.. I have been reading up today on the Flame Angel and if I could just get him to be a bit more social I would be real happy with him... I am just having the hardest time buying things for my tank that you can see.. Everything hides all the time.. The cleaner the Fire shrimp the emerald crab the Flame... well thats all I have and they all hide all the time...

Doan

Doan, Be careful and keep an eye on him. I had one that I had to get rid of because all he did was pick at my clam and about 4 other corals...

I will thanks for the tip... for all I know thats the real reason that I got the "old" one.. :evil: But I don't have any coral yet.... I really want a bubble coral and I know that even though I just put in my first fish the bioload will really not be effected that much by the coral My Skimmer (aquac) STILL has my tank just flooded in micro bubbles.. So until those go away I am gonna hold off..It may not even matter but I will feel better about it if the bubbles are gone..as it is I am worried about the fishes gills..

But thank you very much

Doan

Back
Top Bottom