My fish wont eat!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
ok well Im slowly building a reef tank so should I just pull it?

Please don't pull it. If you try to remove it from the tank like that you will have a whole lot of them in short order because it will release spores. Use the Joe's Juice or something similar to kill it off in your tank. Best to get it done earlier rather than later.

You mentioned not having a lot of suppliers around you. You can always order on-line. There are a couple vendors for this sight you can order from. They can then ship the fish to you. Best to have a QT setup if you can but if not, at least follow the prescribed method of acclimation and don't have any of the water the fish come in get into your tank.

Oh yea, most important of all, HAVE FUN! :)

I don't have a QT, are they difficult to set up? And is there a link for the suppliers somewhere? I'm doing all this from my phone so it's a bit different. I will defiantly get the joes juice. I'm going to Reno today, I found a reef/tropical fish store and it's NOT the one I was going to! So it's already looking up for me! :)

I highly recommend Saltwaterfish.com. I had a great experience with them and they make sure they are eating prior to release. Aquacultured fish are really tank hardy. LFS's can be hit or miss. Mine holds them for only two days. And their tanks are dirty.

My idea is you find a LFS that sell tiger copepods that is the only thing they eat at night dump most of the bottle in the tank the reproduce every couple days then you should be fine

you would have to pour a bottle a day in the tank to feed a single mandarin. it's not cost effective. the copepods can only breed if they aren't eaten alive.

The mandarin will strave! Your tank needs to be mature to add one of those guys! Who ever told you that's a good starter fish is stupid! Poor fish.... They are very hard to train to eat prepared food etc.

I like having peppermint shrimp to handle aiptasia; it can be hit or miss though. But even if it's a miss, I think the shrimp are a nice addition to a tank.

Back
Top Bottom