My green bubble tip is still hanging in there

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sansouci01

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I've been posting for a while about the problems I've been having with my Green bubble tip. It was doing great until I did a large water change. It then moved to the back of my tank and has been there ever since. It looks terrible. Is deflated most of the time. It is still firmly attached to the rock though. I've been using the same salt since before I had the bubble tip so I'm thinking, that wouldn't be the problem. I testing my water this evening and here are the results:

PH...8.2
Temp..78F
Salinity..1.025
Ammonia...0ppm
Nitrites...0ppm
Nitrates...5ppm
Alk...8.3
Calcium...400
Mag...1350

I'm thinking the Alk is a little low maybe? Anyone see any problems with these numbers that might be causing the problem with my GBT?
Also, I'm running ATI Blue plus bulbs..Brand new...4 bulb 96watts on a 20 gallon tank.

Here's what it looks like this evening..Feel sorry for my clown. It's like she lost a friend

Attachments

• Sad gbt.jpg
    Sad gbt.jpg
    203.9 KB · Views: 99
Kind of a green/gray color...I would love to get it off the rock and move it to the front of the tank but it's attached pretty good and I don't want to damage its foot. Of course, it has to be on the main rock in my tank so, removing the rock would be a big job.

Yeah, you can see that...though how it looks is very concerning and I'm wondering if he should simply be removed. I don't like saying to give up and don't think we are at that step at this time, but if things continue going downhill then we should just know that it is something that might need to occur.
Have you done any other water changes to see if that improves things? Something about that water change upset this guy enough to move and things have gone downhill from there.
How is the flow back behind the rocks?

Hi sniperhank. Well...I worked at it for about 20 minutes and got it removed from the rocks. Its foot is not torn or damaged. It still smells ok. I heard that's a tale tell sign of death. I put it back in the front of the tank where it was originally. It attached itself to the rock in about 5 minutes. Here's a picture. I think I will stay up late to see what it does.

Attachments

• Sad bta2.jpg
    Sad bta2.jpg
    200.4 KB · Views: 90
It attaching already is a really good sign. I hate the idea of physically moving an anemone, but you were out of options. I don't think there is a need to stay up and watch it, just see where it is in the morning.

Mine did exactly the same. I had to remove it and give it to my lfs. I think I didn't acclimate it properly before introducing it to the tank. I also was told to feed it and learned the hard way not to do that. I just think they are more sensative than rose bta's.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

You can feed an anemone. Nothing wrong with feeding. I wouldn't feed one that looks like this however. Nor would I remove an anemone unless it was completely done. Not just drooping like this one. Your alk is fine as long as it's staying there, and not bouncing up and down.

No mine was worse it slowly deteriorated. But that was when i first started. Also i was stupid and fed it way to much oyster feast without diluting it in tank water. Rookie mistake! I just thought by bringing it to my lfs t here was a possibility it would make it because he was on his last leg.

Oyster feast is a liquid correct? Anemones eat meaty foods. Actual pieces of fish or shrimp work best IME. Tiny ones though, like for a baseball sized anemone, something about half the size of a pea. If all else fails, yes, bring it back to the store, but don't flush it without knowing for sure!

Yeah its liquid but it also has like bits and peaces stuff in it. I'm trying to remember what it was. It's almost like the consistency of syrup it's thick. My lfs was trying to get me to buy stuff so they told me that I needed to feed it that lol. I bought it :\.

Well. it made it through the night. It did move a little bit but pretty much stayed where I put it. Still looking horrible though. I guess I will continue to monitor its progress...or lack there of...It did anchor itself to the rock so I guess it's still kicking....

Attachments

• Sadbta3.jpg
    Sadbta3.jpg
    221.5 KB · Views: 107
Agreed. I guess only time will tell...Just wish I knew what caused this in the first place because if this one doesn't make it, I would like to get another one.

No doubt...I just started a new thread about results I got with a salifert nitrate test kit. Please chime in if you have any experience with these kits

Back
Top Bottom