My gsp wont open

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Adio800

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hey were doing great till 2 days ago only 1/8 opened now today none are open!! I'm freaking out!!!:(

gsp

how long have you had the coral.i have this species and it has grown from the size of a quarter to about the area of a football in a year.it does go into a funk once and a while but bounces back.this is a very hardy coral i cant see it not making it.be patient i am sure it will rebound.good luck

All of my otter corals are looking great I have a little frag of Gsp in a different spot and it going great.. My salinity is 1.025

Then I have no idea. Maybe it could be competing with another coral for space? You have it with moderate to high flow flow and lighting? What are you feeding your corals?

There aren't any other corals around it and yes Hugh low high light and they have been fine till now.

Make sure there is no detritus on the mat or any brown algae etc have been having to clean your glass more often gsp is very hardy but very sensitive at the same time sometimes it will hide then come back
My friends gsp appeared almost dead even some of the was retreating and it still came back. Just check parameters keep it clean by blowing with turkey baster it should pull through try placing in a higher flow area for few days or a week

I'll try to clean it some but it's in the highest flow possble

Theyre just in there havin a party, theyll come out when they are ready.

They opened about a week ago they were smaller but now back to normal :)! Thanks for replays

Back
Top Bottom