My Last Fish. Help me decide.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

RocketSeason

Aquarium Advice Addict
Hey gang,

Well, I think I will only be adding one more fish to my tank before I start working on the corals. I want something a bit different. Something you dont see in every tank. (Don't get me wrong, I love my Ocellaris Clowns, but everyone has 'em. )

I saw a Lemon Peel Angel today and MAN are they gorgous! Anyone have any experence with these?

I also like the looks of fireball angels. However I do know that Angels will nip at corals (which is not good.) Can anyone reccommend a good fish that would thrive in my system?

thanks!
-Matt

You can try an Angel, its a crap shoot. I have read of a few that have had good success with coral beauties in a reef tank.
Check out my new Damsel in my Gallery. Pretty mellow species and would be reef safe. Tough to find though.
Happy B-day bro. :)

Hey Rocket, Happy Birthday! :clown: The lemon peel angel is a beautiful fish. They will nip at corals if you plan to add those. A great choice if you do not...Lando

well...I am stuck. I want a nice show-fish. something that will really wow a visitor, but its gotta be reef safe.

are tank-raised angels any safer? (Like a tank-raised flame angel.) I know I am probibly asking dumb questions, and that I should get over the whole angle thing and look at something else. Are there any other small fish that are bright and colorful and reef-safe that I may be overlooking?

thanks for the B-Day wishes. I had a good day. Got some new jeans and a 30 dollar gift certificate to Buffilo Wild Wings!!! I Love me some wings!!!

All-in-all, sounds like a good day. Gotta love BWW! Just are finishing putting one about three min. from my house...SWEET! Spicy Garlic all the way. I do not think tank raised angels will be any safer. When are you planning to add corals? If it is not for a while you could try the lemon peel. I love the blue around their eyes and on the fins. Slowly introduce some softies and see what happens. If you keep it well fed you might be okay. No promises though, it is always a gamble.

DUDE! I have a BWW about 3 minutes from my house too! and all I eat is Spicy Garlic Wings!!! My Girlfriend and I order a bucket of 50 for take-out and just go to town while we watch movies. (its kinda our thing.)

The corals won't be comming anytime soon. I dont plan on any hard corals at all either.

I have heard the lemon peel is as reef-safe as an angel gets, but that was from a LFS employee.

I think QS said it best when he said it was a crap shoot. Coral Beauty's and flames are rated as caution in a reef also but, I've had no problems with my coral beauty and have heard others have success with them as well as the flames. I was reading on liveaquaria about the lemonpeel and it just says they are prone to nipping at large-polyped stony corals and clam mantles. It also says they need more algae and seaweed in its diet than most angels. It's a beautiful fish. If you have no corals and lots of live rock for it to graze on, I see no reason why you shouldn't try this fish.

I say go with the dwarf. Fish are better than corals anyway....IMO of course. :lol:

I just added a Coral Beauty to my reef tank.

I've heard more positive things than bad about one in a reef so I went for it.
it's only been a few days but so far so good. He picks at the LR all day but hasnt touched a Coral.

awesome fish and has totally made the Tank.

Have you seen a midas benny? Would go to about 4 or 5 inches though. Hangs out and checks everything. Backs into rock holes he'll call home. Beautiful golden color. Has become my favorite. Swims like an eel, but will only stay in the top half to third of the tank. Always out front though.

I have a flame and corals he has never given me any problems just pics at the algee on the live rock and kind of nips at a snail now and then but has cause none of them any harm

Back
Top Bottom