My LFS??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Phiberop

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I have no LFS that is worthy of advice. I livein the arctic weather of Wisconsin and don't have the resouces that most would with fish. I have a Petco here that has a selective amount of fish and the knowledge is short.

Could someone who has ordered online tell me the process, and is it safe to do? I think that it is going to be my only option here.

Thanks

Hmmmm,

oh no. Bearfin, oops I mean fan,

Did you have a bad experience with BigAls - I just placed a huge order, had no problems arrived ok and very good prices.

???

Also Phiberop,

Are you asking about livestock or equipment, or both?

Online ordering

I would be doing both livestock and Equipment. Esspeceially when I can save about 300.00 everytime I order. Prices at Petco are outragous.

Yep,

I can vouch for equipment anyway - on-line is certainly the way to go and LFS's better soon wise up otherwise they won't be selling anything.

I have a LFS here in Westchester that is asking $200 for the large bucket of IO salt - Yikes! And I have to lug to my car and up the front stairs to my house door etc. I order it online for about $35 and addition $15 to ship and they put it right next to my front door. Give me a break what are these LFS's thinking.

Anyway - as I understand most suggest you check the sponsors but there are loads of other sellers that are real good as well.

I'd be curious of some good Livestock sellers on the internet, but I agree with fishfreek - this is not the time of year in most locations to order livestock to be shipped.

Tom

Phiberop, You have to check out http://www.drsfostersmith.com they are in Rhinelander, WI. When I order dry gods they show up the next day. Also you may want to drive to Eau Claire and see Jim owner of Tropic Waters (715-832-0174) I know its a drive for you but well worth it .

Back
Top Bottom