My little corner of the ocean

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

PapaNosio

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
What do you guys think?

Attachments

• image-3158472705.jpg
    image-3158472705.jpg
    264.8 KB · Views: 183
It's ok I don't like softies wish I never had xenia

That's beautiful! When I get my tank up and going I hope it looks half as good as yours!

Can you tell us some of your tank specifics? Filtration, lighting, etc?

Thanks!

Thanks all for the kind replies! Its actually just a stock nano biocube. I've added an additional power head for circulation and have a garden of soft corals that have been growing and spreading from frags for about 1 year now. Its amazing what a healthy tank will grow in a short period of time.

Aside from the softies, the maroon clown has hosted the leather in the middle, there is a baby coral beauty hiding in back, 2 bar gobies breeding under my rocks, and a multi color blenny chiling in his cave. My feather duster in the back left has grown 2 crowns, and the cleaner is named Jacque the shrimp by my daughter.

Good beginner soft corals are the leathers, mushrooms, and the kenya trees. My lighting is stock and everything has been healthy over a year now.

The only casualties to date were a bubble tip anemone and a bubble coral. My anemone was actually pretty healthy, I just think my clown loved it to death. The bubble seemed to get poked a lot by my cleaning crew - didn't like that.

Mushrooms.

Anyone know what that barnacle looking thing is? It grows and contracts, when moonlight is on the opening triples in size. It also closes when disturbed. Ive got a couple of them growing on my rock.

Attachments

• image-3331357260.jpg
    image-3331357260.jpg
    267.9 KB · Views: 122
Wow, you are spot on about it being a sea squirt. I did a little more homework and it looks and acts like one. Amazing how complex those things are, I was thinking barnacle at first but it was way to active to be that, learn something new everyday.

Back
Top Bottom