Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 02-16-2006, 01:04 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Regular

Send a message via Yahoo to SuperWade2
My LR should Arrive Today...

I have my 46 Gal Bowfront waiting for my LR, which should show up today...

I ordered 45 lbs of Select Fiji Premium and 35 lbs of Fiji Foundation (base) from Liveaquaria.com that should be delivered this afternoon.

I have my Tank filled about 3/4 with RO/DI Water that I've added salt to that is right between 78-79 Degrees with a SG of 1.024. I also have added just under 50lbs of Substrate that I think looks to be in the 2" area (if I leveled it all off).

My "plan" is to get the rock, rinse in Tub of Salt Water and right into the tank to start my intial cycle. I'm not sure if I will add all 80 lbs at once, but will see how it looks once I start adding... I think that the Base should go on the bottom and the LR arround the top. I've never Aquascaped anything, so it will be a new experience for me.

SW2

Old 02-16-2006, 01:49 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice Apprentice

Sounds good man. Im going to be starting that same process hopefully this weekend!! Let me know how everything goes...i was thinking about buying my LR from liveaquaria.com as well.....same thing!! foundation rock and LR. Let me know how everything works out!!!

"Tanks" alot
Mike

Old 02-16-2006, 09:55 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice Regular

Here is my ~80 lbs from Live Aquaria... 45 lbs of Select Premium Fiji and 35 lbs of Fiji Foundation...

Overall fairly happy... there was quite a bit of "Rubble" (1-3 inch long pieces).. but I think it seems OK...

P.s. I did move the big hunk on the upper right that looks very precarious.

SW2
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 46gal80lr_196.jpg (106.6 KB, 55 views)
Old 02-16-2006, 10:37 PM   #4
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via AIM to hackteck
they sent you some real nice shapes, let us know how ur cycles coming along
Old 02-17-2006, 09:40 AM   #5
Aquarium Advice Apprentice

Looks great man!!! you recommend the liveaquaria stock??? I was leaning towards that sight as well!
Old 02-17-2006, 10:36 AM   #6
AA Team Emeritus

Send a message via Yahoo to tecwzrd
Nice Hows' the "life" on it and do you think it was worth getting "Select Premium Fiji" which is the "best hand picked lr" according to thier site?

If you haven't figured it out yet I like to BOLD links :P

Vote for AA at Aqua Rank
tecwzrd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2006, 12:13 PM   #7
Aquarium Advice Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by tecwzrd
Nice Hows' the "life" on it and do you think it was worth getting "Select Premium Fiji" which is the "best hand picked lr" according to thier site?
Not sure about the "life" yet... don't see too much, but I'm not sure I know what I'm looking at... There seems to be good array of colors, but didn't really have time to look at all the nooks and cranny's yet. I will more tonight and this weekend.

I do recommend the Rock overall, I just think the amount of small "rubble" type pieces (Size of my Finger, or maybe 2 Fingers Side-by-Side) was more than I may have expected. I didn't weigh the rock as I took it out, but the Small Pieces were more than a few large Handfuls (which I didn't really think were big enough to use in my tank).

SW2
Old 02-17-2006, 12:15 PM   #8
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via AIM to hackteck
if you have a sump or a cannister filter put the rubble in there
Old 02-17-2006, 12:22 PM   #9
Aquarium Advice Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by hackteck
if you have a sump or a cannister filter put the rubble in there
I have neither right now...
Old 02-17-2006, 12:33 PM   #10
AA Team Emeritus

Send a message via Yahoo to tecwzrd
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperWade2
I do recommend the Rock overall, I just think the amount of small "rubble" type pieces (Size of my Finger, or maybe 2 Fingers Side-by-Side) was more than I may have expected. I didn't weigh the rock as I took it out, but the Small Pieces were more than a few large Handfuls (which I didn't really think were big enough to use in my tank).
Thanks Kind of surprised as well about the smaller pieces considering its hand picked premium rock and comes with a premium price. Could be they included a couple of handfuls to be used in the sump and hadn’t really planed for you to use it in the main. If you had specified the size ie: 4+” you might have had better results but either way I’m glad you’re happy

I’m always a little skeptical of the “perfect” photos that most online sites post of lr just after removing from the ocean and teeming with life. With the exception of liverocks.com I haven’t seen too many people with lr to match what’s shown online.

If you haven't figured it out yet I like to BOLD links :P

Vote for AA at Aqua Rank
tecwzrd is offline   Reply With Quote

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com