My mantis mania

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tonysearsjr

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hello all and merry Christmas. Here's the deal in a nut shell. I have been searching for a mantis for awhile and well I found one that I was settling for and lil over hr later I found a peacock the one I wanted. Guess I hour also add that 3 hrs before all this went down I on impulse bought a 60 gallon acrylic tube tank (2-30g cubes connected by 1-6" clear tubes). Now to the point... I'm planning on puttin one mantis in one side and the other in the other. And going with a planted scheme with macro algae. Needless to say I'm gonna do this build this coming week end and just want a little input. Here's a pic of my plans.

image-3883831067.jpg

I miss my mantis tank :(. Now I just have one in my sump that I keep. Nothing special just a plain green fella. I've always wanted a peacock mantis!

Really neat concept for a dual mantis tank. Would you have to blacken the side facing the other tank or would they be on seeing each other...? Guess this would depend on the spacing between he 2 tanks?

Thought about that too prob cut piece of back ground and cover beat case I'll tape off the tubes an spray paint them black. They are such amazing critters. I knew u wanted one but didn't realize just how cool they are.

I've been thinking about getting one for my sump, but I'm not sure if I'd trust him with a glass heater near by =-0

Tagging along. This should be good.

Yeah I dunno if I would trust that either the male red and white does anyone know the species name for his one?

image-61449351.jpg

Already broke a acclimating container
And here's the female peacock

image-853851152.jpg

image-2157795778.jpg

I'll keep posting pics of these critters as they come

Well for a little update... I picked up the tank tonight drive 80 mile round trip in nearly a white out. But I got it. And building the cabinet for it now here's a before shot and a during shot might post another once tank is set but I have to run some electrical first.

image-1698340643.jpg

image-382532246.jpg

And the dry dirty tank

image-150464703.jpg

image-170629080.jpg

Well folks here's everything but the top. Ran outta ply wood so that will be next weekend but now for the sump and tie the plumbing to it and fill it

Hey thanks a lot of work involved just for some shrimp as a buddy said. But I responded with that just depends in how well you like a MANTIS. Lol let alone 2. All I'm lacking now is a good hook up on some nice macros and I'd like to find some kelp or something similar. That will grow tall and flow in the current any ideas?

I too agree that a great site. Thank you looks like I'll be placing an order soon

Back
Top Bottom