My marginated damselfish spawned!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Hara

Aquarium Advice Addict
woohoo! I turned on the tank lights this morning, sat down to drink my coffee and was watching the eel tank. My pair of marginated damsels
were spawning! She laid eggs and he fertilized right behind her...they
laid the eggs on the blades of fake grass. I went christmas shopping today, was gone for 11 hours, fully expecting the eggs to have been eaten by them or the lunare wrasse, but both are still doing an admirable job of guarding them. Wonder what happens next ?!? Not that there is a huge market for these fish or anything, but they are rather pretty...when my freshwater angels spawned, I always took the eggs out of the tank. Any ideas?

When the fry hatch, they will be food for both mom and dad and anything else in the tank. If you have any books on breeding clowns I would follow the same guidelines for raising the damsel fry.

The fry are still attached to the fake plants, but you can tell they are looking more like fish...here are some pics at 5 days of age.

Awesome.. Keep us informed as to how they are doing.. That would be awesome if they survived.. Wern't you talking about selling corals and such pretty soon?? Maybe you could even offer Damsels lol

James

Hara, are you sure those are Marginate Damsels? From what I know about them, they do not have a forked tail.

See Here

hmm...wouldnt be the first time a LFS had no clue....they are colored exactly like that only with a forked tail.

I think it is totally awsome none the less that they spawned... You will have a lot of babies if they make it!

Back
Top Bottom