Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 11-24-2012, 02:59 PM   #11
Aquarium Advice Freak

It's ok lol now I need more rock the size difference shows wen it comes to rock sheesh first my tank was over crowded and now that I upgraded I need wayyyy more rock

Old 11-24-2012, 05:19 PM   #12
Aquarium Advice Addict

You only need more rock if you don't think it looks full. What size tank is this. I am not a yang police but based on the fact you said lights are 24w that means you are using a 24" fixture and well 2 tangs in a 2ft tank isn't going to end well. Sailfin and yellow tang will deffinitly kill each other or at least 1 of them.

CleverBs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 05:53 PM   #13
Aquarium Advice Activist

The set up is an ongoing change, were changing lights, and turning to external filter and skimmer, but as for the sailfin and yellow tang it's as if they're brother an sister, inseperable, they were introduced as juvi's. and there's a juvi regal tang on the way, at the stage their at they "will" be fine because of age, a little tang gang if you will.
Old 11-24-2012, 06:18 PM   #14
Aquarium Advice Addict

Lol if you think just because they are nice now and won't become territorial you know nothing about fish aggression. I don't mean to be blunt or rude but you really need to understand just because thu are young doesn't mean they will continue to get along. Have you seen a full grown sailfin? They are huge and extreamly aggressive especial with tangs the same shape. Young fish Aretha aggressive with one another most the time but fish don't care about that fact when they were young they where buddy buddy. Three tangs in a tang need to be in like a 180+ gal tank. You will have dead fish on your hands if you put a regal in there too. It's really a joke even to me and I am not even that protective of tangs. I keep a sailfin in a 75g and he's happy but he killed another tang before that that he was friendly and buddy buddy with for months. Then one day he tormented him tell he died of stress. Do what you want of course I'm not going to say you have to listen to everyone's advice but I will tell you it's never ever ever going to work. You sailfin is going to kill the other two rather you believe it or not.
CleverBs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 07:11 PM   #15
Aquarium Advice Freak

Or ur yellow will kill the sail fin at some point cuz yellows can become very aggressive and territorial as well at some point u will only have to upgrade ur tank due to them needing more space to swim and will get stressed in my other tank I had a sail fin and a scopas in a 125 and they killed each other double knock out...

Tags
marine, set up

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com