My marine set up

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MANCUNIA13

Aquarium Advice Activist
This is my not yet finished set up, won't be finished for sometime yet though but hope you like it so far.

Attachments

• image-118864136.jpg
    image-118864136.jpg
    150.5 KB · Views: 115
  • image-3414880342.jpg
    image-3414880342.jpg
    152.8 KB · Views: 118
  • image-3846276424.jpg
    image-3846276424.jpg
    193.3 KB · Views: 103
  • image-715551484.jpg
    image-715551484.jpg
    170.1 KB · Views: 124
  • image-1924270744.jpg
    image-1924270744.jpg
    128.9 KB · Views: 102
  • image-847243831.jpg
    image-847243831.jpg
    201.7 KB · Views: 102
  • image-2397072197.jpg
    image-2397072197.jpg
    218.1 KB · Views: 100
What type of lighting do you have?

Last edited by a moderator:
I have white and blue t5's and two JAD submersible blue LEDs for the night light, I've just bought the second one today as it happens looks pretty good I think.

In my LEDs there is 65 bulbs in each and 4.5w. And their half a meter in length

Oh rite sorry, they are 28w, seem to do the required job how's the conversion going

I think u need more then that....but anyways yea I did the conversion it went well now I'm heading to go get a sump for it

We're in the process of changing over the lights anyway pal were thinking of an open top tank with bigger lights so it'll get there in time, anyway I'm looking forward to your pics, bet it looks stunning might be a thief though an pinch some of your ideas LOL.

It's ok lol now I need more rock the size difference shows wen it comes to rock sheesh first my tank was over crowded and now that I upgraded I need wayyyy more rock

You only need more rock if you don't think it looks full. What size tank is this. I am not a yang police but based on the fact you said lights are 24w that means you are using a 24" fixture and well 2 tangs in a 2ft tank isn't going to end well. Sailfin and yellow tang will deffinitly kill each other or at least 1 of them.

The set up is an ongoing change, were changing lights, and turning to external filter and skimmer, but as for the sailfin and yellow tang it's as if they're brother an sister, inseperable, they were introduced as juvi's. and there's a juvi regal tang on the way, at the stage their at they "will" be fine because of age, a little tang gang if you will.

Lol if you think just because they are nice now and won't become territorial you know nothing about fish aggression. I don't mean to be blunt or rude but you really need to understand just because thu are young doesn't mean they will continue to get along. Have you seen a full grown sailfin? They are huge and extreamly aggressive especial with tangs the same shape. Young fish Aretha aggressive with one another most the time but fish don't care about that fact when they were young they where buddy buddy. Three tangs in a tang need to be in like a 180+ gal tank. You will have dead fish on your hands if you put a regal in there too. It's really a joke even to me and I am not even that protective of tangs. I keep a sailfin in a 75g and he's happy but he killed another tang before that that he was friendly and buddy buddy with for months. Then one day he tormented him tell he died of stress. Do what you want of course I'm not going to say you have to listen to everyone's advice but I will tell you it's never ever ever going to work. You sailfin is going to kill the other two rather you believe it or not. :(

Or ur yellow will kill the sail fin at some point cuz yellows can become very aggressive and territorial as well at some point u will only have to upgrade ur tank due to them needing more space to swim and will get stressed in my other tank I had a sail fin and a scopas in a 125 and they killed each other double knock out...

Back
Top Bottom