Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 11-29-2012, 06:20 PM   #21
Aquarium Advice Activist

Hi thanks for your comment glad you like the tank, we've had it coming up around 11wks, an it keeps on getting better, got our own population if copapods seeing more of them everyday so all signs looking good and getting better, we're in the process of changing to external filtration an skimmer, as we have internal at the moment.

Old 11-29-2012, 06:28 PM   #22
Aquarium Advice Activist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diveintoapool View Post
I like your tank. Just curious, because I'm new, do you put your LR against the glass?
Slightly at the sides in 2 areas, only because its a corner unit so can't be avoided with the amount of lr and the positions we've placed them in, but it does it no harm.

Old 11-29-2012, 08:27 PM   #23
Aquarium Advice Regular

Is there something wrong with putting rock on the glass? I always have, I just point a power head behind it.
Old 11-29-2012, 08:36 PM   #24
Aquarium Advice Addict

Wow 11 weeks isn't that old! I guess that LR might have contributed to that. So you don't spot feed phytoplankton or something (since your tank isn't super established)?

@Ella It can scratch the glass, but it really it can be a place for detritus to gather (dead spot) which can decay and cause higher nitrates.

- Winston Churchill
obscurereef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 08:43 PM   #25
Aquarium Advice Freak

Very cool. Looks very nice!
55 Gallon, DIY Live Rock, 2 Taotronics 130w LEDs, CPR HOB skimmer and refugium, 525 GPH SunSun 5-stage Canister with UV Sterilizer using Chemi-pure Elite, and Two Fishes GFO reactor and 3 800 GPH powerheads. <><
San Raphael Catfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 10:59 AM   #26
Aquarium Advice Activist

Quote:
Originally Posted by obscurereef View Post
Wow 11 weeks isn't that old! I guess that LR might have contributed to that. So you don't spot feed phytoplankton or something (since your tank isn't super established)?

@Ella It can scratch the glass, but it really it can be a place for detritus to gather (dead spot) which can decay and cause higher nitrates.
I do target feed phytoplankton in my tank my lfs told me it was best so I've just stuck to doing that, an yeah not very old but my levels are all ok an do weekly tests an always once a week a 10% water change, and had no problems. The tank as you see it now apart for our new coral beauty added last night will be like this for a while now just gunna enjoy how it looks for a while till its ready to put anemone's an hammer corals in then that's it for me, my very own section of reef can't wait but were gunna have to if its to look like what we want it to.
Old 11-30-2012, 11:55 AM   #27
Aquarium Advice Addict

love it
Old 11-30-2012, 03:34 PM   #28
Aquarium Advice Activist

Your setup

Hey, I've just been being nosy an looked at your profile, well your tank anyway, an honestly it's a brilliant tank nice work..

Tags
marine, tan

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com