My marine tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MANCUNIA13

Aquarium Advice Activist
This is my setup hope you all like it as much as I do, I think it's getting better every day I see it, it's the envy of all my friends.

Attachments

• image-3872758316.jpg
    image-3872758316.jpg
    131.7 KB · Views: 240
  • image-737766815.jpg
    image-737766815.jpg
    166 KB · Views: 258
  • image-1868636453.jpg
    image-1868636453.jpg
    156.9 KB · Views: 232
  • image-278399306.jpg
    image-278399306.jpg
    128.9 KB · Views: 246
Very nice tank! :) How long have you had the orange fan sponge? Always wanted one, little too nervous to try it.

We've had it in there for about 3wks now an had no problems as of yet, fingers crossed. The trick is not to let any air get to to it and not place in into direct flow an it should be fine, even thinking about adding another at some stage.

No not at all seems to be thriving,it's not totally in direct light anyway but it still looks healthy as the day it was introduced .

Tank looks great, ive been thinking about a corner tank myself.

One thing i will point out is that 3 clowns of mixed species might not work out long term. Also the tangs might become skittish and stressed as they grow. Im not here to say take them out, just raising your awareness and what to look out for.

The yellow tang has now gone, an the maroon will be nxt to come out wen I can catch him so no worries there, I'm thinking of adding a pair of blue jaws in their place stunning fish and I can get them at a bargain price ..

MANCUNIA13 said:
The yellow tang has now gone, an the maroon will be nxt to come out wen I can catch him so no worries there, I'm thinking of adding a pair of blue jaws in their place stunning fish and I can get them at a bargain price ..

Good news i was more worried about the maroon killing the other two than anything so glad hes going. By blue jaws are you referring to blue jaw triggers? If so i would advise against it especially 2. They simply need more space.

I think a dwarf angel, maybe a flame or coral beauty would be something to look into. Perfect for this size tank. But only 1 dwarf angel, they will not get along with other angels.

Yeah been looking at them dwarf angels last night to be hones, as for the triggers our lfs has had them in for weeks an not sold them just feel sorry for them is all LOL

MANCUNIA13 said:
Yeah been looking at them dwarf angels last night to be hones, as for the triggers our lfs has had them in for weeks an not sold them just feel sorry for them is all LOL

Lol yeah i feel sorry for every fish i see in a fish store lol, I have to tell my wife no every time. Just remember that successful tanks depend very much on compatibility between the inhabitant and its environment (tank). It can be tricky to balance and sometimes hit or miss but general guidelines will avert most catastrophes.

Went with your advise, we now have a coral beauty in our marine family lol all be it a bit shy as she has only been in an hour, but still can't wait to see her swimming around with her tank mates.

MANCUNIA13 said:
Went with your advise, we now have a coral beauty in our marine family lol all be it a bit shy as she has only been in an hour, but still can't wait to see her swimming around with her tank mates.

Cool stuff man, should be a nice tank mate. Give her a few days and she will come around.

Yeah you can see why she's called a coral beauty, she's out an about abit now, but yeah stunning.

Back
Top Bottom