My month old Bio Cube 29

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Breakthecycle2

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Well, it's coming along good. The tank seemed to cycle rather quickly. I had a two week period of getting brown diatoms, but that seems to have settled for the most part. I used 16 pounds of live rock, 6 of dry rock, 10 pounds of live sand and 15 of regular. I have upgraded the standard PC lights to steve's LED retro fit kit along with the moonlight kit. I have a tunze power head, in tank's media basket, UV sterilizer ( I got a good deal on one which is why I got it. I know it's not needed). Today came my Intank fuge basket and led light (waiting on the Chaeto to come next week), I also had the flimsy Bio Cube Skimmer but it stinks, so Im going to go with an Aquatic Life 115 (again overkill and not needed I know, but what the heck). I have some soft corals for the most part, a pair of black ocs clownfish and a dwark hawkfish. Some snails, red and blue legged hermit's, an emarld and sally lightfoot crab. Looking to add two more fish down the line.

img_2329540_0_f2a5d14c6c6b661f3f1bd901cebbc4a4.jpg

img_2329540_1_e35d9a9054a6e3e65cb6424686425cf5.jpg

Yeah I was thinking of doing that actually. I have two questions.

1. I'm getting green, red and purple coraline Algae on my live rock and snail/hermit shells. Isn't this a little too early?

2. My nitrates are zero. Should they be higher?

Yeah I was thinking of doing that actually. I have two questions.

1. I'm getting green, red and purple coraline Algae on my live rock and snail/hermit shells. Isn't this a little too early?

2. My nitrates are zero. Should they be higher?

It's normal and it can happen sooner sometimes. Test to see where your calcium is at.

Also, nutrAtes at 0? That's fine IMHO. my nitrAtes always hovered over .05 but I have a heavy bio load. I don't see any issues with your level being at 0

That's the weird thing. My bio load is pretty heavy as well.

Haha don't question a good thing. Your maintenance schedule maybe on the money and you may be doing all the right things. Keep up the great work!! Never question success because it may answer back ;)

Back
Top Bottom