My name is Chin and I'm a reefaholic

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Animal-Chin

Aquarium Advice Addict
Am I alone here? There should be a support group for people like me. I only started keeping a saltwater reef tank 2 years ago. I started with the 14 gallon biocube stocked with soft coral but quickly outgrew that. It lead to harder coral, its true soft coral is a gateway coral, listen to your parents.

Now, 8 months into my 55 gallon I have sun coral, brain coral, torch coral, hammer coral, galaxy coral, zooanthids, leathers, pipe organ coral,colt coral, more purple algae than I ever though possible! I'm always researching my next buy, I visit the local pet store weekly for my next fix, maybe I need a hydror water mover instead of a power head, maybe I should upgrade my lights, oh man look at those frags!!!

I'm totally addicted, I'm already dreaming of a 250 gallon fish only tank cause I can't have giant naso tangs in the tank I have.

I need help.......and a second job to pay for all of this.

Thanks for listening,
Animal Chin

There is a support group and you found it when you filled out the registration to this site lol

We all know where your coming from I even picked up weekend shifts at my lfs just to pay for some of my hobby along with breeding every dollar helps

If I didn't have kids I would totally be working at one of the 3 LFS in my area. Even if it meant getting a 10% discount it would be worth it...lol

I check my skimmer before my first cup of coffee in the morning. I feed my plate, brain and sun coral after midnight because they have all extended their tenticles.

There is no end to my madness but my tank looks amazing.

Algae outbreaks are devistating. I had this horrible green stuff growing on my sand. It came back every second day, it was personal. The tank was messing with me, challenging me to a fight. Day in and day out, I'd syphen, change water, bought a lawnmower blenny, upped the cuc....ahhhhhh!

I won though, that stuff is long gone...lol

Hey man, I am totally with you. I am in Westlake Village, Ca, pretty close to LAX airport. I am able to buy the MOST BEAUTIFUL corals direct from Jakarta, and other exotic areas. I kid you not, brains, hammer corals, star polyps, etc. all cost me about $10-$15 each, for the large/x-large size or $6-$9 for medium sizes. I don't pay anywhere near the $55 per brain price at the LFS. My guy puts in the order, I then pick it up a day or two later. Dirt cheap. If you or anyone else are near LAX, let me know and I will send you the most current stock list. I bought $1,800 worth of coral (as would have been the price at my LFS) for $320. No joke. My 125g tank is incredible. AND, not a single coral died or had any issue whatsoever. All are pristine and gorgeous.

Huh? I'm not a dealer, just a fanatic wanting to share my great contact with those who want to save money on beautiful coral who live in so Cal. You'll soon come to realize that us members don't really tolerate people coming on who are rude or insincere. We quickly dismiss them. This is a place for serious people with serious issues and we all do what we can to help out. You should learn this lesson as quickly as possible.

Hey man, I was just kidding around. I was saying I have an addiction and you were offereing to supply me with cheap coral. No harm bro. Thanks btw, nice offer but I'm no where near Cali although I'd like to be...

I don't think I was rude or insincere just not as serious as some...

Now to make me feel better I think I'm gonna have to go get a frag on the way home....bwaaaa ha ha haaaaaaa

stevedpepper said:
Huh? I'm not a dealer, just a fanatic wanting to share my great contact with those who want to save money on beautiful coral who live in so Cal. You'll soon come to realize that us members don't really tolerate people coming on who are rude or insincere. We quickly dismiss them. This is a place for serious people with serious issues and we all do what we can to help out. You should learn this lesson as quickly as possible.

Easy I think he was being sarcastic I think he was worried about spending even more money lol

There is a 12 step program for chronic reefers. Or those with Reefer Maddness (different kind of reefer).
You have taken the first step in admitting you are a reefer. Congratulations. But don't be looking for much support from these members in trying to stop your addiction. We all have it bad.

Back
Top Bottom