My New Bi-color Pseudochromis pulled a Houdini

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

2nicewitit

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Got home from dinner w/ my girlfriend and just had a glance at the tank. She asked where's her fish ? (her fish since she picked him out). I just assumed that he was hidding in the rocks. It has been hours and no sign of his bright purple and yellow colors.

I moved some of the rocks in search of him though no luck. I do not have anything in the tank that could have made dinner of him and if he were to die would i not see him floating around somewhere?

I checked all around the tank and have turned everything off around the tank and tried to stay as still as possible to see if i saw just a glimpse of him. No luck. I haven't even had him for a week:(

Any other tracking tips from the pros?

Darn cats...I've had an experience with them.

There is a possibility that while you were moving the rocks the water gets cloudy so its hard to see and those fish zip around like crazy and find a hiding spot real quick. So keep looking and be patient.

Also, if there is a big hole in a rock like a cave the fish would hide in there and when you pull out the rock the fish would be stuck in there.

Good Luck!! Hope you find it.

Darn cats...I've had an experience with them.

There is a possibility that while you were moving the rocks the water gets cloudy so its hard to see and those fish zip around like crazy and find a hiding spot real quick. So keep looking and be patient.

Also, if there is a big hole in a rock like a cave the fish would hide in there and when you pull out the rock the fish would be stuck in there.

Good Luck!! Hope you find it.

No i dont have any cats. I'm allergic:eek:.

Thats a good possiblity. Still no sign though i'm still hopeful that he is just really spooked and will come out sooner than later.

Thanks again.

Back
Top Bottom