My new corals

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Bearchumjs said:
I think they certainly look pretty! Do you know what they are? (saltwater newb here...). :)

Pulsing Xenia
Frogspawn
Hammer

And I think they said the one that looks like a bush was a leather but I'm not so sure about that one.

All opened up nicely except the one that looks like a bush. It completely closed up and kinda curled up. I can't get a pic because the light settings now are in moonlight mode. It was opened earlier though as you see from the picture so I'm hoping it's just a night time thing.

Wow, I actually am learning something! It will close up like that under low light. Will open back up in the morning. Also, mine goes days sometime without opening. BTW , you did great on the price. Any one could have cost that much.

spoonman said:
Wow, I actually am learning something! It will close up like that under low light. Will open back up in the morning. Also, mine goes days sometime without opening. BTW , you did great on the price. Any one could have cost that much.

Awesome!! I feel good on both accounts! :)

Corals amaze me! As I'm typing it's opening up again! If you look closely at my horrible picture you can see it moved and it's starting to show the little tentacles .

View attachment 95029

Last edited:
The are really cool, but will get about a foot tall. I think carey has one in her 125 that is about 10-12 inches tall.

spoonman said:
The are really cool, but will get about a foot tall. I think carey has one in her 125 that is about 10-12 inches tall.

Oh wow!! I'll have to have a plan for when it gets that big. It's opening more and more. Love it. Life in everything!! Glad I broke down and started a saltwater tank.

Sweeeeeeet deal! If your toadstool closes up suddenly and doesnt open for a week or so dont be worried, it is probably just shedding and he will open up again in a week. Just letting you know, cuz mine did that and i freaked out. Lol

Nu-Nu the eel said:
Sweeeeeeet deal! If your toadstool closes up suddenly and doesnt open for a week or so dont be worried, it is probably just shedding and he will open up again in a week. Just letting you know, cuz mine did that and i freaked out. Lol

Thanks for the info!! Yeah this LFS has like 6 frag tanks from really big, medium and small and every now and then they have these super one day sales.

Back
Top Bottom