My new green bubble tip

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sansouci01

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I purchased this green bubble tip today from my lfs. I couldn't pass up the deal. After about an hour of moving around, he seems to have found a spot he's happy in. My question is about feeding. I've read all kinds of different things about feeding. Some say they never or hardly ever feed their bubble tips. Other say, once or twice a week. Some say feed silver sides. Other say that's the worst thing to feed. Very confusing. What does everyone out there feed ( or not feed ) their bta's

Attachments

• Bubble tip.jpg
    Bubble tip.jpg
    145.1 KB · Views: 189
Anemone is one those corals that feeding is not necessary. The algae inside their tentacles is their food. The algae needs the right amount of light to keep growing.

My RBTA will eat daily for weeks on end and then not for several days. I feed table shrimp and squid. Hasn't moved since it found it's sweet spot months ago.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

If you have the proper lighting they never need fed. I never feed mine and they have been in the same spot for 5 years. They will catch floating food when you feed your fish if they are healthy.

I've never fed any of my anemone. But my tank is stable and have intense lighting above it. I'd be concerned with the fact that haven't you been having issues with your tank?

I have proper lighting (LED) and critter just loves to eat, and it has grown quite large because of it. That being said, it's not necessary with the proper lights.

Let the Nem decide, they're as different as people. If it will eat, feed it, if not and its not reaching for light and/or wandering let it be. Each animal is different. For example, mine hates anything more than low flow and I've seen some that love high flow.

Thanks for the input. And yes, Sniperhank, I have a on and off issue with algae but I think it's not out of control. My corals and fish are thriving so I see no reason why my bubble tip would be in any danger. Just wondering about feeding...

Back
Top Bottom