Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 09-22-2011, 09:58 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Freak

Talking my new lights

i got my new lights last night everything is hooked up, loookssss AMAZING <3 I CANT WAIT TO GET NEW CORAL <33333 my light is purley just amazing, i started with 1 light first hr and now i tryed all lights on at 1ce (4 bubls instead of 2) and they corals didnt even retract should i take it slower for the light acclimation, i think they are fine but i dont want to bleach em

Old 09-22-2011, 10:15 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice Addict

Great! What corals do you want?

redsea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 10:17 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice Addict

Awesome, what lights did you get? What corals you want?

Buffy's Reef Queendom has inhabitants of 2 Spotted Cardinal, Randall's Goby, Green Mandarin, Blue Chromis, CUC & Corals
Buffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 10:23 PM   #4
Aquarium Advice Freak

i got a coralife 4 bulb heres a like to exact light Coralife Lunar Aqualight T5 Lamp High Output Fixture

i want to get one shelf sps, frogspawn or something like that, and maby a leather probably long polp because it looks really nice
Old 09-22-2011, 10:29 PM   #5
Aquarium Advice Addict

Awesome, post pics as you go. Everyone here loves pics

Buffy's Reef Queendom has inhabitants of 2 Spotted Cardinal, Randall's Goby, Green Mandarin, Blue Chromis, CUC & Corals
Old 09-22-2011, 10:31 PM   #6
Aquarium Advice Freak

i will post pics soon with the new lights no new coral, and anything new i get i will post, i want to get a fire shrimp but i have cleaner shrimp, i dont know if they would fight ( i have a 29 gal tall)
Old 09-22-2011, 10:32 PM   #7
Aquarium Advice Freak

i will also show pics of my leds on at night, they are so nice and i can point them where i want
Old 09-22-2011, 10:35 PM   #8
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by brian242pa View Post
i will post pics soon with the new lights no new coral, and anything new i get i will post, i want to get a fire shrimp but i have cleaner shrimp, i dont know if they would fight ( i have a 29 gal tall)

I have a peppermint shrimp and a fire shrimp. They have been in the same cave a few times, and no problems. They are both doing great. I acclimated them in the same bowl too, so they were in tight quarters there. They were also in the same bag when I brought them from LFS.

I have 75 gallon and just got done looking in all the nooks and crannies. They are doing peachy. The peppermint is hard to find sometimes though. One think about it is that if I can't see his body and my light hits him just right, his eyes glow like a red and stand out big time and then I know yep there he is

Hope that helps.

Old 09-22-2011, 10:38 PM   #9
Aquarium Advice Freak

oh kool becuase i have had my cleaner shrimp since beginning of my tank , actually had 2 and they would lay eggs and feed all my coral but my fricken six line eat him... i have some words for that pos, then he jumped for tank, good he should gfy. :/ now i hav one cleaner shrimp is super happy, but i want a fire shrimp because they are just one of the most bright and beautiful things i have ever seen ( for reef tank hahahhaha)

Tags
acclimation, corals, light, lighting, lights, reef

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com