My new Powder Blue Tang..

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

nyghtone

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hey all, I just brought home my new powder blue tang, so I thought I'd post the first desirnable picture I could get of this fish. This fish is ACTIVE, it's almost as hard to photograph as my clowns. After 24 hours home it's eating seaweed like crazy and swimming like a tang, so I assume that this means that it's doing well???? This fish seems to have way more personality than I had imagined, or saw s/he have in the little 15 gallon at the pet store. I just hope it continues to do as well in my tank, it has me happy so far!!!

Very nice!! You didn't qt?
I'll keep my fingers crossed for you.
Congrats though!!!! :)

haha, no, my local lfs qt's for two weeks in copper treated tanks, and won't sell a fish that won't eat in front of the customer. From any other source I would qt for at least a month. It's still a gamble, but no, I didn't qt.

Thanks for the comments, for the record, I have a 75 gal tank, and if this fish gets over 7" I'm going to make sure it finds a bigger home. From what I've found on this fish in the aquarium setting it only tends to get 5-6" long, so should be fine. In any rate I hope to upgrade the tank before it gets to big, hopefully in less than two years after I get out of college I will have an 8 or 10 foot tank, but we shall see.

For the record, I'm dead set against keeping animals in sub par conditions, and I would never keep a fish that I didn't think was happy in my aquarium, like this powder blue, it's about 2.5" right now, and looks very much at home in my aquarium, but I'm not closed minded to that changing in the future!!!

Thanks again, Joshua..

Joshua,
I know you are a very caring and informed hobbiest and will do the right thing when it is necessary. Congrats on you new fish. I hope this hobby is as kind to you, as you are to it. :wink:

Wow that's a very pretty fish. Congrats.

Atari said:
Wow that's a very pretty fish. Congrats.

Thank you, I would I could get a better picture, and if I ever do I will. When I first put him/her in the tank the color was slightly off, but it has gone to very vibrant blue and yellow and black, it's amazing, in only 2 days. I hope I can keep it up.

Thanks again!! Joshua...

i have a small blue, yelow tang and 2 percs in a 90 do u think i could get a powder blue in my tank ?

The secret to keeping the colour is lots of greens and less meaty food.

Atari said:
The secret to keeping the colour is lots of greens and less meaty food.

Thanks for the info, that's good to know. I'm sure that the only thing it had to eat at the lfs was brine shrimp or something. The very first thing I did when I brought it home was put up a 2"X3" piece of green seaweed to see how long it would take it to start eating, which was almost immediatly, but maybe the seaweed was why it's color seems to be improving so quickly, on day three it's vibrant as I can imagine :D

Thanks, Joshua...

Back
Top Bottom