My new purple tip

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Andyden71

Aquarium Advice Activist
I bought a purple tip yesterday I climatised it then added it into tank it went straight to the rocks it is now under a rock at the bottom of the pile iv tried moving it but its stuck solid I got in to hopefully host my clown fish will it move it self or will it stay there I'd like it moved any ideas on how it can be done

Nice looking nem, hopefully he moves out to where you want it soon. Like posted above try to provide an ideal place for it with water flow and lighting and over time it will get there. Also don't try to manually move the nem as you may hurt it, as an alternative try to aim a powerhead at it so its unhappy and moves on its own. Wait a week or so before doing this though so you nem can find its own spot unhindered. Any undue stress may upset it.

The Ben is slowly coming out from under the rock so fingers crossed it will go for a wonder round the tank and find a nice home for its self iv got a T5 and a T8 lighting systems T5 r blue bulbs and the T8 are white bulbs whats the best colours to have ?

The Ben is slowly coming out from under the rock so fingers crossed it will go for a wonder round the tank and find a nice home for its self iv got a T5 and a T8 lighting systems T5 r blue bulbs and the T8 are white bulbs whats the best colours to have ?

Update photos

Attachments

• image-1433031155.jpg
    image-1433031155.jpg
    142.8 KB · Views: 75
  • image-592459416.jpg
    image-592459416.jpg
    104.5 KB · Views: 76
Updated photos of my nem not a Ben

image-3984688009.jpg

image-266055556.jpg

Water conditions are good I think phos is a little high I'm havn problems removing it the regal tang and algea blenny have got rid of most of it do you have and suggestions on how to get rid of it.

Water conditions are good I think phos is a little high I'm havn problems removing it the regal tang and algea blenny have got rid of most of it do you have and suggestions on how to get rid of it.

Well the phosphate means it isn't good. Pull it out before water changes, cut back feeding, use ro/di. Pretty much success from time.

I only use ro water I do water changes once a week and siphon the sand bed to remove rubbish off the bottom iv changed my carbon filters and added a bit of Rowa phos adsorber into the filter hair algea was far worse afew weeks ago

Thanks for the advice again sniperhawk I think I'm doing a water change on Tuesday so I will rip some out then as my algea blenny and regal tang are freasting on it

Back
Top Bottom