My New SW Tank! So Happy

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Tank looks nice :)

Yes you can add live rock in the future, once your other half gets to see a nice couple chunks of live rock and some of the things that can come with it "hitchhikers" she will like it too .. its amazing at how long one can stare at the live rock alone and find something new :) just make sure you get good cured pieces.

Good luck.

One thing, make sure the fake LR doesn't have holes in the bottom, where water movement can not be achieved. It will become stagnant and wipe out your tank. If you notice a sulfur smell, be careful. Can you convince the other half to start seeding the plastic with the real LR, and then just add more as you go along?

Getting goood LR i think will be a problem, all LFS have pretty ordinary pieces.
Looks dead or decaying. I know it should be done but i might get some when i set up my qt tank....

I got shot down when i mentioned LR last night. This is what i got "CAN YOU TELL THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN A LICE AND A BL@#*Y U KNOW WHAT?"

I think she is Worried about any undesirables that decide to hitchike!

I know you can buy Coral and anenome anticeptic wash for when you add them to ur tank? does this work with LR? and will it remove any harmfuls?

part of what is desirable about a salt water tank is the massive biodiversity. I think by not getting live rock you are cheating yourself out of a huge part of the hobby. Yes you may get a few nasties in with it but honestly its not that big a deal. the only nasties I got were fireworms and with patience they were easily picked out. I don't know how to assuage your wifes nervousness when it comes to live rock but try explaining how beneficial it is to the system. It is truly one of the joys of a saltwater tank.

I'm sure that the pods can live anywhere they don't get eaten.
I have quite a few in my overflow area and thriving in my bioballs :/

Shhhhh! I think she is starting to warm to the idea... Give me a week or two and i think we will be chasing some down.

Back
Top Bottom