My new tank - in a year

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

austinsdad

Aquarium Advice Addict
I am designing my unifinished basement in the house we just moved into this past summer. Totally unfinished now. My 155g reef tank is still wrapped in sitting in the back room down there. Now, this of course would normally have been my opportunity to put that tank back together in a wall, with a sink and drain right next to it, and a number of other bells and whistles that I've learned would be nice after setting up 2 tanks in the past. BUT... I'm gonna sell the 155g and all its accessories, Not going that big this time. Using HGTC software to do my room design at $39.99. This thing is sweet for the money. Make your 2D drawings and then get to place camera within and see the 3D result.

Long story short. I've decided when I finish the basement, I'm going with a 54g corner tank, drilled. Gonna go in a spot with a hole in the wall for the sump/fuge which'll be underneath the stair well. That has my hole for the ejector pit that'll pump water from the tank and the bathroom down there up into the septic line. Might not go full reef this time and just do low light species and still a friendly tank. Anyway, I'm excited t least for now since I've decided I'm not gonna give up having a tank. It just might take a while. There are too many other things to keep my attention on the 3 acres I'm living on now. I'm an outdoor guy so I won't be willing to spend as much time with the tank as I used to.

Anyway, I'm issuing fair warning to ya'll. You're gonna help me build this thing!! :rolleyes:

I am an architect, so if you have any questions relating to finishing your basement or how to integrate the tank... let me know.

Back
Top Bottom