My new Yellow Watchman Goby!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

binaryterror

Aquarium Advice Freak
Just got back from the LFS today. I was looking for something to stir up my sand bed, an came across this little Goby. It is about 1" long. They had this one and a larger one, about 3" long. Now, It made a burrow in the back of my tank, behind the rocks. I cant ever see him. Will he ever come out of there and swim around? Here are the pics!!!

img_566102_0_d0715c8bb0749c97348250d792bb49ae.jpg

I have the golden head goby and he is very social fish.
Dude will turn over some sand.

He has a burrow under some rocks but only goes there when the lights go out.

Maybe he just needs time to get used to things.

How do you keep your golden head gobies fed? I thought they are very difficult to keep as they only take things from the sand and not free floating?

I feed mine with frozen brine shrimp. Whatever my other fish dont eat, it sinks right to the bottom, and he snatches it up. I think he is just shy because I just got him a few hours ago. I will keep updates!!!

Don't be surpised if you have troubles feeding him. You might be lucky though.

These fish generally accept prepared food very well. Time to look into a little pistol shrimp friend for it. It is an amazing relationship to watch.

Yes, in the wild various shrimp gobies from symbiotic relationships with pistol shrimps much like the clown/anemone relatationship. The pistol digs caves for the goby to live in, in return, the goby protects the blind pistol shrimp from preditors.

Wow, I might have to look into this.

Do you think I could get another blenny given I already have a "red blenny"? Would a red blenny form that relationship?

I guess I am lucky but mine eats flake and shrimp.
Basucally what ever the others get. In between he just filters sand.

Attachments

• goby_157.jpg
    goby_157.jpg
    94.2 KB · Views: 44
Back
Top Bottom