My next coral....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sicklidkid

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hi, i was wondering what a good next coral for me would be. Everything in my tank is listed below in my signature. I would prefer it not to be too hard.

THANKS

Shrooms can dot an aquascape nicely. Blue, rust, brown, and green. Solids, striped (striated), hairy. Need some more color in there. 'Specially if the toadstool is brown. I see you have the reef friendly version of an urchin - so Drs Smith & Foster say. I'd presume the nudi is also.

If color isn't an issue, would a Kenya tree leather have room in your 55g? They're easy too. Maybe someone else can suggest a functional piece - one that could be an early warning water quality indicator. I just picked up a hammer hoping for that.

Lemme know what you decide on.

Wow, you have lots of options. I love green star bursts, looks like a nicely maintained lawn in your tank. So many different colors of zoos, yellow polyp colonies are great, more mushrooms, pineapple coral, hammer coral, the list goes on. All are pretty easy to keep and will add great color to your tank. good luck...Lando

I really like my Pagoda Cup. Looks like a satellite dish with polyps. Trumpets are really cool too, especially under the actinics.

Hmmm. thans for all the advice, i think i should have neough room for a kenya tree. THose can be towards the bottom, right? WHat is a pineapple coral? Trumpet coral? I love the green starbursts also! I will look into all your reccomendations. THANKS

Trumpet corals are one of my favorites. They are night feeders so after lights out take a flashlight and look at it. They extend sweeper tenicles at night to capture food. They can get to 6 inches long so be careful of placement. Pretty cool to see. Lando

They can be placed almost anywhere. They are very tolerant of light and flow. Be careful if you place it in the sand...I did that with one of mine and my pistol shrimp dug under it causing it to sink into the sand. The bottom 1/3 of the colony died as a result. Just FYI...Lando

As Lando said they extend their tenticles at night but the one's on mine are very short, about an inch. They also come out when I feed my fish. They really glow flourescent under the actinics, beautiful.

Back
Top Bottom