My next move?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

gozetec02

Aquarium Advice Activist
Now that Finaly got a well ballanced tank I want to add some invertibrates. I already have 3 Blue Leg Hermits. I wan't to add a clownfish and an anemone. Or maybe an anemone and a starfish or shrimp.

Any suggestions?

How old is the tank, and how much light do you have?

An anemone will need great lighting, and will need to be put in a well established tank.

What are the specs of your tank? How many Gallons, light, fish, ect...
Also what type filtration do you have?
Do you have LR?
Is this a reef tank or fish only?
Do you want a reef tank in the future if it's not now?

Sorry for the questions, but before a suggestion is given, we need to know. :wink:

there are many factors that you need to consider before getting an anenome. These animals are considered diffucult to keep and require a mature reef tank. How old is your tank, what type of lighting do you have, how much LR is in the tank right now? You need plenty of lights (between 4-6 watts per gal) and pristine water conditions with little or no fluctuation in parameters. If this i a new tank you should consider waiting 8 to 12 months before addingan anenome. You could, however, try a cleaner shrimp or maybe a coral banded shrimp right now. Post your current water parameters and tank set up so we can help further.

Maybe some tank keepers then. Some snails or something. I have a regular full spectrum light. It came with the hood i bought. Its a very light blue color and so bright i cant look at it. Thats all I know. I have around 5 lbs of cured live rock and 20 lbs of live sand. maybe some snails to clean up some of the algea that is growing.

Back
Top Bottom