My parameters

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Riley

Aquarium Advice Freak
pH-8.0
Ammonia-0
Nitrate-1ppm
Salinity-1.23
Those are the only tests i have besides my nitrite but its an eatablishd tank so i dont test it.
Wondering if these are prime i know i could do a water change here soon. I jave no fish in it due to a epidemic a few weeks ago but im gettn ready to start stocking again.

If it were me I would put a couple drops of pure ammonia and test everything including frites just to be sure the BB are in good shape then do a couple PWC until tart is back down below 5.

rdnelson99 said:
If it were me I would put a couple drops of pure ammonia and test everything including frites just to be sure the BB are in good shape then do a couple PWC until tart is back down below 5.

What is tart? (15 charachters)

I'm hoping the salinity you gave is a typo. 1.23 is WAY too high. You probably mean 1.023, which is lower than it should actually be. Natural seawater is 1.0264.
Reef Aquarium Water Parameters by Randy Holmes-Farley - Reefkeeping.com
"Ron Shimek has discussed salinity on natural reefs in a previous article. His recommendation, and mine as well, is to maintain salinity at a natural level. If the organisms in the aquarium are from brackish environments with lower salinity, or from the Red Sea with higher salinity, selecting something other than 35 ppt may make good sense. Otherwise, I suggest targeting a salinity of 35 ppt (specific gravity = 1.0264; conductivity = 53 mS/cm)."

I have a refractometer i just dont really understand the **** thing haha

Back
Top Bottom