Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
Old 11-28-2005, 05:23 PM   #11
Aquarium Advice Freak
Biowheel wouldn't be a good idea for SW setups. By experience, and through peer reviews, biowheel is a no-no.

You wouldn't want to get the Eclipse setups because their hood is too piled up with stuff that you won't be able to do anything. You probably wouldn't have a HOB filter (if you feel like adding additional) opening or a skimmer opening with those setups. That setup wouldn't be good for marine aquariums. For freshwater, you can probably get away with that. But it's too darn expensive. You are only paying for the "design" of the hood. It's not worth the bang for your buck. JMHO.

We live and we learn
AMANIQU77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2005, 10:30 AM   #12
Aquarium Advice Addict
I agree with matt6511 ... I have a 29gal that I set up as my first SW tank. It is a FOWLR tank and I run the Eclipse3 Lighting and filtration hood on that tank and it's absolutely great. No clutter hanging off the back of the tank and what not and looks very sleek! If you have plans to go Reef later on then that hood will not be sufficient and you will have to ditch the whole thing!

Another thing you may want to look at are the JBJ NanoCubes ... I have the 12gal Deluxe model and it is AWESOME!!! The tank comes with everything you need, Filter, pump, PC lighting (48watts) and makes a nice little reef tank! BUT like everyone stated smaller tanks are harder to care for! So check into your ability to maintain this type of tank!

Another thing ... that Tank you posted is VERY expensive! Shop around and piece things together from different places and you'll save money ... trust me!

Good Luck and Enjoy the site ... THIS PLACE IS GREAT!!!!
before you know it you'll be a FINatic!!!

God grant me the serenity to accept the thing's I can not change, the courage to change the thing's I can and the wisdom to know the difference!

R.I.P Walena K. Cox
7/7/62 - 8/11/2002
Jermz79 is offline   Reply With Quote

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com