My plans..

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jacob Morgan

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hey,

I plan to be building a overflow soon and setitng upa sump..

I plan on makin a 600gph overflow (approx) then gettnig a pump to give me 200-250 gph at 4' head. for my 15 gallon tank..

The sump wil be my 29 I used to have setup. does any1 see anything wrong with this?

Also, Heating I know I wil have toget heaters large enuf for 44 gallons. Wat about W/C do I doa change equiv for 44 gallons or 15 gallons? I am assuming 44 if so what do yall suggest? 3-4 gallons a wk? is 250 gallons going to be enuf?? any more and I think it wil lbe a dustbowl in the display tank?

any suggestions or comments are welcomed.

Jacob

If it were me (though thankfully it isn't as of yet), I would use the 15 as the sump and the 29 as the main tank. But I will be interested in reading what others have to say on this subject as I am only in the beginning stages of everything and would like to get it done right.

I will respond for jacob as I am aware of his setup.

What you descibe is usually the way to setup a tank and sump system. In fact jacob recently moved his system from the 29 to the 15 because he wanted to use some existing lighting for an anenome. The 15 gal is a shorter tank so that effecivly increases the intensity of the lights he was using on the 29.

So now he has a 29 that is empty and is ready to be used for a sump since its not being used for anything else at the moment.

What he said hehe thanx Aaron..

Yes a 15 long is the same length adn width of a 29 so I could use my lighting off the 29 on my 15.. but since a 15 is soo much shorter the intensity of the light is much much more.. this gave me ability for anemones..

I have been told a 29 sump and a 15 display should make for a veyr clean and reliable tank. just wondering bout circulation and water changes..

I plan to have the 29 drillled MAYBE depends If I can find a good submersible.

Jacob

If I have the lighting I wil if not I will not hehe.

What is the lighting needed for a refugium?

Jacob

macroalgae is great on reducing nitates. pc's work great for raising it in a refugium. plus omnipods and other pod do good when you put live rock in . great feed for your fish.

any suggestions on WPG? thanx for the advice... I swill mostlikely start with a sump then head to a refugium.. I understand the Sump wil be primary and refugium secondary. you can reverse these I been told but I feel a sump will be a good thing for now and I can slowly get the refugium "up to par"

Jacob

Jacob Morgan said:
Yes a 15 long is the same length adn width of a 29
Jacob

A 15 gal tank, the same length and width as a 29, would only be 9" tall... I believe this tank is a 20, which is 12" tall.

Back
Top Bottom