Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 08-03-2011, 12:54 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Newbie

Smile my polyps close

I have had a ployps with 15 head for a while and it has closed up and has not opened up for three days. I do not know why it has stayed closed for the 3 days. My water is fine and i have had a salt spike. my salinty is at 28.

Old 08-03-2011, 11:34 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice Addict

How is ur lighting schedule?

Old 08-04-2011, 04:59 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice Freak

I had the same problem recently and my LFS told me to run carbon for 24-48 hours and it worked perfect. They Came back out and are doing great. Seems like the polyps are very sensitive to pollutants/chems in the water and so the Carbon cleans it up. Not saying your water isnt right because I all my tests came out great. There must be some trace amount of something they dont like. Hope this Helps!
Old 08-08-2011, 04:05 AM   #4
Aquarium Advice Activist

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLH-l3ioCub3
I had the same problem recently and my LFS told me to run carbon for 24-48 hours and it worked perfect. They Came back out and are doing great. Seems like the polyps are very sensitive to pollutants/chems in the water and so the Carbon cleans it up. Not saying your water isnt right because I all my tests came out great. There must be some trace amount of something they dont like. Hope this Helps!
I had the same problem, when my skimmer crashed. Well not with that type of coral. Lol. Carbon is a great add to a tank with out a skimmer. The skimmer it's self will be just like carbon. That is if the skimmer is a low bio-load for the tank.
Old 08-08-2011, 07:14 PM   #5
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by ENTER_NAME

I had the same problem, when my skimmer crashed. Well not with that type of coral. Lol. Carbon is a great add to a tank with out a skimmer. The skimmer it's self will be just like carbon. That is if the skimmer is a low bio-load for the tank.
You need to run some carbon media all the time with a reef.

Tags
polyp, polyps

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com