my prize sponge bush

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

54seaweed

Macro Addict
everyone I talked to about growing a nice size sponge bush said it was almost impossible as the fish would always plow it over , well I beat the odds and after 6 months of cutting it back to get it to spread I got my sponge bush .
everyone who see's it wants it , the hardest part was seeding the rock once I accomplished that it was a waiting game , I get more compliments on that sponge than any of my coral go figure.:D
60069-albums14599-picture70907.jpg

this is prob a better pict sorry quality isn't the best still learning which lenses work best
I just love how it grew into a bush all them fingers just sway in the current,
my tang has to be in every pict he sees the camera he has to get right in front of it such a ham

Attachments

• DSC_0279.jpg
    DSC_0279.jpg
    211.3 KB · Views: 69
Last edited:
the fish seem to like it a lot too,...it's cool when your reef grows something a little out of the ordinary,..makes you feel like you've earned your fins :)

it started as 1 stalk than 2 just kept going , kind of leveled out once it grew the whole length of the rock, trimming it back is not fun as it makes a mess hard to catch those little pieces, I have another one starting on the very far left side of the tank this one needs to be removed as its taking over my overflow, they are neat though .

Back
Top Bottom