My Refugium lighting

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

carmine

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I have a 20g long sump with chaeto, mud sand about 2 inches and some live rock. I'm using a 3 foot fluvial led light ( blue and white). Slow growth. Chaeto looking a bit brown. I see some worms too. Oh and I have lighting on for 12 hours a day. Any ideas?

I have always had better luck with grape calerpa an far as taking care of excessive nutrients in the tank. It stays in my overflows and refugiums. No slow growth there. My tangs eat healthy everyday in my tank. The only problem with Grape calerpa is if you have it in your refugium you`ll need your lights to be on opposite your main lights.

I have always had better luck with grape calerpa an far as taking care of excessive nutrients in the tank. It stays in my overflows and refugiums. No slow growth there. My tangs eat healthy everyday in my tank. The only problem with Grape calerpa is if you have it in your refugium you`ll need your lights to be on opposite your main lights.
Curious, why the opposite light cycle?

I was told to use chaeto to help with the nitrates in the tank. Does grape caulerpa do the same? Is it better than chaeto?

Cheato is safer. At the end of the day, a macro algae is still a macro algae. Each has pros and cons as there are many ways to utilize algae for nitrate removal.

OK. Think I'm gonna stick with the chaeto. Should I continue to use my 3 ft fluval led light over chaeto? Or is there a better light or bulb I should use?

Back
Top Bottom